Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone get acid reflux from squats?

CobraUTAH

Once in a while on leg day I'll eat to close to lifting time or it will just be something that stays in my stomach to long. Anyway what happens is that when I do my squats the internal pressure that I generate causes me to get acid reflux type reaction. It really screws up my lift because I feel like I'm going to puke any second. Last night was one of the worst cases of it. I couldn't even finish my last set of 5 I could only do 3 because of it. If it didn't happen I could lift with much more intensity so that's a big reason that it bothers me it detracts from my ability to lift with complete focus and effort.

Not me personally, but I do know a college kid who use to. He finally had to go to his doctor to get a prescription for something to help. Once he started taking whatever the dr. gave him, he was fine. He had the same symptons that you are describing.

thats how mine started, but eventually it got bad enough I had to get a prescription

Could be from holding your breath or also taking in too much air combined with gulping water during and in between heavy sets.

You know I used to have this problem to the point where I couldn't think of anything else after I ate something. This was about 8 months ago. I bought some over-the-counter shit called zantac. It worked well for me. Used it sometimes because as I've stated before I hate taking medicine! But anyway, I took it and then I forgot about the illness. Then I started eating right and I no longer suffer from acid reflux or any problem related to it such as heartburn and stuff.

Honestly dude, don't think about it anymore. Usually it's all in the head and it makes you feel you will have heartburn after you eat something. Just my opinion.

You might think about training legs on an empty stomach. It may not help, but it would be worth a try. If that didn't work, I think I would definately talk to a physician.

I have that problem when doing deadlifts. I work out first thing in the AM, so the only thing I have in my stomach are some fluids. What helps for me is to drink extra before I start working out, give it time it absorb, then drink next to nothing during the workout. This keeps my stomach nearly empty. Problems are that I tend to get a little underhydrated and woozy (deadlifts make me woozy anyway) and I still have a little reflux, but it's not as bad.

The only time i ever have this problem was when i have been eating some greasy foods before my workout.

Not that this will apply to any of you personally, but try to keep the foods pretty dry before your workout......

Top Bottom