Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone else feel like they didn't train right after they did?

Madd Hatter

Ok, hard to put this question in a subject line.
After I lift at the gym, I go downstairs, weigh myself, and walk to the car. During this journey, I realize that physically I don't feel like I've done jack. Sure I might be sweating a little, but I feel like I could go right back upstairs and do another workout. I'm doing the WBB routine, without a spotter, and I don't know if this is my problem or what. I read the 10 signs of overtraining, and none of them apply to me, though I'm doing a couple extra sets than the WBB routine. Every once in a blue moon, a body part will be slightly sore the next day (tris, outer chest). I don't know whether to increase my sets, or try to figure out a way to up my intensity (and weight), or keep going like I'm going. I think I'm carrying too much fat, though I'm bulking, but barely eat 3000 cals a day (6' 3" 190lbs), so I'm trying to figure out what needs fixing.

P.S. Mentally I feel the same way as I do physically.
So, physically or mentally, who feels this way as well?

Sometimes I feel like I had an off day, that I should've ground out a few more reps or done a burnout set or something, but not usually.

You have to up the intensity, bro. Go to exhaustion and find spotters if you need them. You should be hurting the couple days after your workout.

JC

Bulking, 190, 3000kcals? That is another problem in itself.

Are you using bands, chains, etc...?

Have you seen the WSB videos?

B True

Dude, you don't have to go to utter failure. You don't have to be sore. You don't have to feel like the weights beat the shit out of you.

I don't think he's referring to WS btw

-Zulu

By WBB I mean the Wanna Be Big routine. No chains, no bands. Yes I realize it's a problem in itself having the low calories. I've recently tried upping it, but then again, the level of fat I'm carrying around is disgusting (was tested at 11% several months ago at 173, feel like I'm about twice that now, couldn't fit into my jeans today), so I'm not sure...

I assume Wanna be big means some type of bodybuilding program. I am a powerlifter, and when I leave the gym, I definately feel like I left it all on the field of battle. Post a little more of what your program is about and maybe we could give some advice. I just don't know enough about what you are asking to give you an intelligent response.

B.

Hope you don't mean that anything over 11% is fat...haha.

B True

how long has it been since you had a break?

if it's been more than 2-3 months, take a week off... 7-9 days or so... you'll be rip-snortin' ready to get back in there! :D

also, I like caffeine before my workouts... I go 2-3 weeks on 2-3 weeks off just to keep from becoming a caffeine junkie...

I like thick, black coffee... so strong you get a hint of oil-slick on the surface! :D

a couple tall cups of that, and you're ready to chew through a 45lb plate!

Forrest

Bro you should be sore after a workout, but you shouldnt feel like shit. Are you hurting during the workout? You dont have to be going to failure to be crying out "mother fucker!" half way through a set! You need to be in some pain dude. No pain no gain - old cliche but oh so true. And bro - don't say 11% bodyfat is disgusting! I'll sart crying soon!:jester:
By the way - all these little smile icons are fucking cool!

I haven't been post-workout sore in... months at least, maybe even going on a year. When I first started I was sore immediately afterwards, then later on it was 2 days after, now... nothing. The worst pain is from bent-over db raises or front db raises, but that lasts 20 minutes tops. And this was from doing all my exercises in a pyramid up, then drop sets to failure in each set.
I give each rep my fullest attention, when I can't do any more, I know it was my best. Being sore afterwards is not the point.

Top Bottom