Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone from the DC area

jloflexin405

Hello all, I am looking to see if anyone has information on Jui-Jitsu or similar fighting style schools in the DC area. I am currently looking at school in Alexandria, VA but would like to find one closer to Arlington or Tysons. Thanks in advance.

You're probably looking at Yamasaki Academy, right?

Anyway, that's your best bet for BJJ. There are 2 other options, Mi-Ki-Do (also Alexandria and MD), and Miguella (also in MD).

Yeah I was looking at Yamasaki Academy, but I have found anohter one that is in Alexandria you can check it out at www.gracieva.com I am assuming it is decent b/c it is a Gracie school and he teaches seminars there every so often. I did look into the Yamasaki Acadamy but they wanted a lot of money for it, somethimg like 150$ a month. I know that isn't crazy, but I am already paying my gym memebership and am only looking to train 2 days a week there. Let me know what you think of it.

Anyone else? I am starting my first class tomorrow so I'll keep everyone posted. Again let me know if you have any info on DC/ No. VA schools. Thanks in advance.

Wow, man. It looks like that place took off in the past year or so.

When I looked at them 1-2 years ago, they didn't even have a steady gym and it was mostly a couple of people getting together on their own schedule..

I might have to try this place out! :)

witold r u from the DC area? I have another post on here that posts the two schools I am trying to choose from...

www.grappling.com

and

www.gracieva.com

let me know what you think of those two schools and the direction you would go. Gracieva or Capital is arounf 90$ a month and I have worked out a deal with Yamasaki for around 125$ a month.

Top Bottom