Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anybody use chains??

powerhouse 48

i was thinking about getting some chains to train with over the summer, all my lifts now are big, real big, but ive been stuck at the same weights for a while, plateau from hell, anybody seen results from chain work??
im a Louie Simmons disciple so i figured i might as well give in to some west side style work.....

How'd you find big enough chains at Lowe's?

Mostly I use chains for benching, occasionally squats and deads.

powerhouse 48 said:
i was thinking about getting some chains to train with over the summer, all my lifts now are big, real big, but ive been stuck at the same weights for a while, plateau from hell, anybody seen results from chain work??
im a Louie Simmons disciple so i figured i might as well give in to some west side style work.....

I have used chains both on DE Squat day up at Westside and in my local gym on DE Bench day and again at Westside. It is definately something to help you overcome your plateau. I have recently received the DVD's from Westside and there is an entire portion on chain & band usage - with visual instruction. You can either obtain a set of chains from Louie by calling him or by finding them in a place like the Tractor Supply store.

Getting used to the usage of them is something in itself. Once you get comfortable with the 'sway' coming out of the rack; i.e., on a squat with chains - it is really something to feel the drive up again the weight of the chains or bands. You can really understand how the usage of these items can build such great strength. Louie explains it a lot better than i can - all i know is that my strength is progressing well.

Since you are a Louie/Westside Disciple - i will not direct you to any of the articles as they pertain to chain usage - unless you ask. You would know where they are i imagine. Take care & good luck!

To set up the chains you'll need a five foot 1/4 inch chain to act as the support chain. This chain is suspended from the bar sleeves. A metal ring will be suspended in the 1/4 inch support chain. Then the training chains (five feet long, either 5/8" or 1/2" thickness) will pass through the metal rings so one half of the chain falls on each side of the ring. You'll set the support chain so three links on each side of the training chain are on the floor at the top of the lift. When you sit down on the box most of the training chain will be on the floor. You have to keep a certain amount of the chain on the bar to avoid the chains swaying back and forth throughout the movement.

http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_127resist.html

Top Bottom