Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anybody 6' & under dunk a basketball?

black03ram

I'm 5'11 and experimenting with different training programs that help increse my vertical. I borrowed a friends video "Maximum Vertical" and I'm using their program that consists of polymetrics and strength training. But I also heard that using wobble boards can really help the vertical. So I was wondering what kind of training programs you guys have gone through or heard about.

6' tall here. When I was a buck 60 or less, I was hanging all over the rim. 70 pounds later, I'd be lucky to touch the rim. I never did anything special to train for jumping. I simply played everyday and kept trying to get higher and higher every time I played. I started by slapping the backboard following lay ups, then graduated to actually slamming the ball down.

several variables to consider

in addition to vertical. how long are your arms and how large are your hands? if you can palm the ball it is an advantage. im 5-9 and best i ever did was dunk on a nine and a half foot rim. but.... i can still finger roll!:D

I just want to be able to touch the rim. I'm 5'9". What's considered a good vertical leap for normal folks? ie. not pro athletes. I'm about 5" away from the rim now.

Top Bottom