Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any ideas for sled pulling?

KillahBee

Took my sled out for the first real time this weekend. Back is still f-ed up so I just did some light dragging, but wanted to see all the different things you could do with it. I have the V handle for pulling backwards and a harness. Just wanted to see what you guys typically do with your sled and any off the wall ideas (i.e. harness pull while carrying farmers walks).

I've been doing light long distance drags lately to improve my wind for my contest. I'll do long distance backwards and forwards, sometimes I won't use a harness on the forward drags, I'll just hold on to the handle behind me, lean forward and pull, this really nails the legs, I'll go up a hill also, I'm doing this about twice a week (at least once a week)

I also have been flipping my tire while harnessed to a sled :evil:

also to duplicate a chain pull I've done heavy backwards drags using a 25,35,or 45lb plate as a handle.

I noticed while doing the farmers/drag, when you harness drag a sled you lean forward, well when carring farmers implements you can't lean forward, you really gotta stick the chest out to get that sled movin, this nails the hips in a differant way.

Try pulling on different surfaces like concrete, grass, or gravel and maybe once in a while pull uphill or at an incline. Try varying the weight and distance. Also you can put stuff along the way to stop and load on it as you go, that's a great medley style practice.

Cheers,
Scotsman

I help run a farm, and I always bring cleats in case I have to help pull a hay wagon or w/e. After your done just do a lot of back stretches and maybe even lay on a tennis ball. I never did this cause I thought it was a girly thing but when i did...I swore i saw Zeus.

I dont have a sled, i have a 500 lbs. utility quad, a harness, and a couple friends that each weight 156, 260, and 350. So depending on the day, i get a different friend to sit on the quad and just steer, as i pull. haha

Top Bottom