Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any ideas for bulking on a 6$ a day budget?

WalkingBeast

Elite Dementor
Platinum
Hey guys. I know this probably belongs on the diet forum, but figured Id post here since you guys have been extremely helpful and I havent talked to most on that forum. Right now Im on a 6$ a day budget for food, atleast for the rest of this month. Im looking to bulk. Im 185 5'8 Arms a little under 18 inches cold chest 48, So somewhat built. Trying to get atleast 200 grams of protein daily. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful. ThanX! :D

Also: My current diet, at 6$ a day, has been like this:

3$ 64oz Lactaid milk Cant drink regular milk

3$ 3 double-stack cheeseburgers at wendy's

Plus lots of protein powder and any left overs I can get at home

Would like to switch it up though

6 bucks for a whole day of food?

make scrifices man...you obviously have a computer and internet connection...i would drop my I-NET connection damn quick if i was living on my own without enough money to pay the food bill

if you are serious about lifting you should find a way.....you should MAKE a way to get the money for food

sell your soul if you have to

3 cans of tuna (shop around) - $1.50
6 slices of wheat bread - Marginal cost
2 lean chicken breasts - $1.50
1 cup spinach - $0.50
4 servings of Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex - $1.50
2 cups of spighetti - $0.50

naaa. chinese food will make a lifter go hungry again in two hours or so. its hard to figure out such a thing. all i can say is get as much protein in as u can. tb

get a 100lb bag of beans and a 100lb bag of rice at the local wholesaler in your town, i know that where i live, these two go for about 50 bucks, and if you go to a working class supermarket, you can buy 50lbs of chicken legs for 40 bucks. in all, you would have spent 90 bucks on a month's worth of food... boring as hell, but well below your limit and well exceeding your dietary requirements ........

of course, the suggestion i make may seem highly unappetizing, but if it were me, and i truly had nothing else i could sacrifice and only had 6 bucks a day to spend on food (thankfully i no longer have that problem, but i once did), i woudn't worry about how appetizing my meals are, as long as they are nourishing me .... and the above mentioned staples are both nourishing and filling even if not emotionally satisfying ....

thebrute said:
naaa. chinese food will make a lifter go hungry again in two hours or so. its hard to figure out such a thing.
Not me.

Whenever I go Swaining at the local Chinese buffet, I don't feel like eating again for several hours. I have to force myself to eat afterwards.
...chad...

haha Brute ThanX for all the suggestions guys. Its well appreciated. Keep em coming! As for my internet connection, Im just spliced into my stepfather's line, so doesnt cost me anything. The buying in bulk idea is a good one. I may start doing that again. Just looking for other foods aside from the ones I listed that might be decent tasting. I often go to an italian buffet by my house and spend a few hours in there also. ThanX again guys!

I like the buying in bulk idea. I have a sam's club membership which has a lot of bulk items a very decent price. There are lot's of similar places that don't require memberships also. Another thing that can help is when you buy polutry, buy the whole bird (this is actually a tip for low-income families lol). You can buy a whole chicken or turkey and end up spending a LOT less per serving. Most groc stores have the cost per unit (like cents per ounce) labeled now, so comparison shop. Store brands are almost always cheaper. Stuff like eggs are a good choice for the dollar. You can usually buy lean meats (like ground sirlion) that are at the "sell buy" date for usually 15-50% off. If you buy these, just cook or freeze them shortly. Protein powder is usually cheapest on the web. Fast food is rarely a good buy, even when they have specials.

Top Bottom