Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any ideas?

Tiervexx

i can't make up my mind between the following bench routines for my next workout.

1 x 8 x 135
1 x 5 x 155
1 x 3 x 185
1 x 2 x 205
1 x 1 x 225
4 x 1 x 245
1 x failure x 175
and then do shoulder and tricep work

or i was also thinking of skipping the drop set so that i have more energy left over for the assistance work.

my max is about 260 so i know i can do severl singles with 245 now, but it is still over 90% of my max so it should be enough, what do you think?

I think you shouldn't waste so much time pyramiding up in weight.

I think you should ramp up in sets of 3 to raw triples, then shirt up and do shirted triples until you reach a weight you fail at.

I think you should then do 5 boards, sets of 3, raising the weight every set until you fail. Then do the same thing with a 4 board.

I then think you should do heavy lockouts sets of 3 raising the weight until you fail. Then you should do singles until you can't budge the weight.

If you still feel frisky after that the do 8 sets of 3 with a fixed weight you can handle explosively.

Spreading the filth MM style. www.nazarethbarbell.com

I wouldn't do the drop set, and I would work up to 1 single. 4 is a little much IMO, especialyy since it is over 90% of your max.

BigWh1tey said:
I think you shouldn't waste so much time pyramiding up in weight.

I think you should ramp up in sets of 3 to raw triples, then shirt up and do shirted triples until you reach a weight you fail at.

I think you should then do 5 boards, sets of 3, raising the weight every set until you fail. Then do the same thing with a 4 board.

I then think you should do heavy lockouts sets of 3 raising the weight until you fail. Then you should do singles until you can't budge the weight.

If you still feel frisky after that the do 8 sets of 3 with a fixed weight you can handle explosively.

Spreading the filth MM style. www.nazarethbarbell.com

sounds like good advice but i ONLY lift raw, any suggestions you would have for working the bottem more?

Also argent, you may be right 4 singles might be a little much but i know i could at least do 2 since it is still bellow my max.

i did the workout today, it went well. I just did 3 heavy singles, 2 with 245 and one with 250.

No drop set. After benching I did dumb bell milatary press with 60s and then inclines with 70s, and then push downs.

Liftbig said:
dont forget to do some upper back and lat work as well as some rotator cuff work

I do lots of upper back work and it is already out of of proportion to the rest of me(second to core) so that is definatly not a problem. Rotator cuffs are also strong enough to handle much larger weights than I can currently bench so i am mostly worried about building up my tris, chest and front delts.

Top Bottom