Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any idea how to fix this?

InTraining

Ok so I started doing dips last summer...started with just BW and worked up to like +80..nothing spectacular....

Anyways...whenever I do dips now(for chest, leaning forward) I get this annoying pain in my sternal area....I have posted about this before and I am still
puzzled that I can't correct this..

Are some people just not made to do this exercise based on their body proportions?

Backlash said:
I think that is fairly common - I have experienced that too. Dunno what the answer is, though, sorry. :(

So do you still do dips?

Whenever I try to do these again I get pain after rep 3-4...I have been told I could have this problem from tight pecs?!?

Thanks for the help....karma of course

Last edited:
can you 'pop' your sternum? fixes my SC problem everytime.. I just lean way back like I'm arching for a bench and it cracks. no pain at all these days

Tweakle said:
can you 'pop' your sternum? fixes my SC problem everytime.. I just lean way back like I'm arching for a bench and it cracks. no pain at all these days

Hey tweakle...think i talked with u about this on IT.....

Yeh sometimes my sternum will pop when I am doing a chest exercise...but still no luck:( I think it is the cartiledge around my sternum that is getting iritated...I'm not really sure....

Maybe I will try out the doorway stretch before I do dips and see if that helps...

Thanks You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Tweakle again.

hehe

Yeah mine used to stay tight for up to a few days afterward. "Popping" it helps but I can't ever seem to do it on purpose. It almost always pops when I sneeze though. :) This used to happen to me more than it does nowadays, and I do still do dips (not every week though).

the guy on the couch said:
Is the pain at the base of the sternum, where the tendon connects the lower pec to the sternum?

I would say more mid-sternum.....in the cartiledge area branching out from the sternum....

My theory is that because I am so young(17) my cartiledge gets super stretched with exercises like dips and gets an irritation....

Top Bottom