Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Any endurance athletes in here?!

juve

Hey what's up, i'm kind of new to posting but been reading the boards for a while.

Anyways, i'm a sprinter and i also play soccer (depending on time of the year), so basically mass isn't my primary concern, but speed, agility and dexterity (to an extent) are.

So if you're an endurance athlete post up (please!) your training techniques in the gym, on the field, in the pool, whatever..

Me personally when i weightlift i tend to concentrate mostly on compound movements (squats, bench, deads) with little rest in between sets and for 12-15 reps per set. I read an article in t-mag that this kind of training stimulates growth of fast twitch fibers plus new blood capilaries sprout in your muscles which significantly enhances recovery due to enhanced supply of nutrients/RBC's...not to mention compound movements stimulate nervous system and increase hormonal release (not much, but even a little bit counts)

For sprints i train HIIT fashion alternating with long (6 miles)steady runs...train for speed and endurance

on weekends i also like to swim...easy on the joints, increases metabolism due to thermostatics and good for cardiovascular system and not as taxing on nervous systemm..

So any other endurance dudes in here?! Shout out!

i train just like the others on this board, for strength. My endurance comes from seperate conditioning, or at practice. I almost never go above eight reps on an exercise. Power Cleans, Power Snatches are a must. I play lacrosse, so i know what its like to run for a long time.

I don't really count, because I don't really do it now, but I was an endurance athlete up until this past year. I originally was doing cycling and made it up to about 80 miles a shot, but my knees started hurting. SO I took up something MUCH easier on the knees-marathon running! (little sarcasm in there somewhere). Anyway, I ran 5 of those suckers, the last was in October '02...I think

Top Bottom