Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any changes in training after Rhinoplasty

byronland

I just had a nose surgery 4 days ago and I was wondering if I can start lifting moderate weights now, the doctor says 3 weeks of no activity but that's way too much for me , I'm used to train 6 days a week, do you think when you lift you put any type of pressure on your nose and the inside stitches might burst? thank you.

You should always listen to your doctors advice.

You might feel physically ready to start lifting again but the blood pressure increase when lifting weights can cause you to rip the stitches in your nose. This can possible make you need to get the whole surgery done all over again.

I know you are anxious to get back into the gym but don't start weight training again until your doctor gives your the green light.

probably not a good idea. not only can you put pressure on your face when you lift but you also will be exposed to a lot of bacteria in the gym.

gyms are actually one of the most filthiest places.. people are touching the equipment all day with their hands, and then you are

I wouldn't train. I would just make sure your diet is very high in protein as to preserve muscle. A couple weeks is not going to cause you to lose all your gains!

I never had rhinoplasty but I had septoplasty (deviated septum) and I didn't feel like totally right for weeks. I went back to work sooner than the doctor recommended but I felt like dog crap.

That stuff takes a lot more out of you than people would think. At an absolute minimum I'd wait 2 weeks.

For those that don't know what these types of surgery entail, you leave the hospital with gauze packed in your nose and for several days after you look like you've been bashed in the face with a brick. 2 black eyes, huge swollen nose, etc. You have to clean your sinuses out with a saline solution constantly and you spit up huge blood clots. I assume it's a similar case with rhinoplasty as well.

I wouldnt train for atleast 2 weeks or so.

You did a surgery for a reason and you would want it to heal properly. Imagine if it starts healing the wrong way due to facial movements and stitches going differently than they are supposed to. Wouldnt be too happy, would you?

Top Bottom