Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

any 165lb lifters out there ?

sloppy joe

any 165lb lifters out there ?

i'm sure some of you wonder how you stack up to other members on the board.i'm interested in what kind of lbs you guys are throwing around. i competed in the apf meet in greensboro on 6/22/02 ,i competed in full power & my lifts were as follows (if your interested) squat-430, bench-330,deadlift-420 i got lucky and won 1st place.not bragging just proud.

not a 165er but you've got some impressive lifts. 2x BW in bench! damn! congrats on your first place.

Hey sloppy joe, I am currently at about 182lbs but when I compete again this December I will be back in the 165's. THe last meet I did was last September of 2001 and I was in the 165's. It was a bench press only meet but I won it with a 350lb bench. That was my very first meet though so hopefully I will be better this December. My squat a few months ago was about 475 but I injured my back so I havent squatted or even trained like a powerlifter for about three months. Deadlift I have no idea what I could have done on it. I am going to be bench press only from now on so I probably will not deadlift or squat. Your numbers are good though, keep up the good work.

I have not seen 165 since George Sr. was president, but I can tell you that your numbers are very good for your weight. You should do very well with those #'s at local meets. You can check PLUSA for national numbers, but you are very strong.

Top 100 from Sep/2000 to Aug/2001 would be:

Squat: 496
Bench: 365
Deadlift: 523
Total: 1305

So you are in pretty good shape with your numbers.

B.

thanks for the complements. soildj55 in march this year i done a 350 touch & go but i hurt my shoulder and have struggled since.soild when you gain your weight could you really tell a big difference in your strenght? i weight 168-170lbs usually and i diet down to make weight its not very hard i drink alot of water thats usually all i lose.i've been debating on moving up to the 181's but i've got it easy in meets around here i've entered 4 & won 3 and got 2nd the other one.i'm like every one else i'm sure i like getting trophys.

Well I mainly put on a lot of fat right after that competition in September so I didnt gain strength that fast. I shot up for 165 the day before the comp at weigh in time to 180 about 6 weeks later. Most of that was fat so I tryed to stop eating so much shitty food but not really trying to lose weight. Well my bodyfat stayed the same until about three months ago when I got hurt but my weight went up to 195. At that point my bench was going way up. I was hitting 275 for 11-12 reps consistantly, 300 for 7-8, 315 for 4-5 reps and 225 for 20+reps. These were consistant numbers I was hitting over about the last 4-5 weeks I was lifting. Before I got up this heavy I was only hitting 275 for about 7 reps, and 300 for 3 reps, 315 for a single, and 225 for about 15 reps. So yea it did help a lot. I was going to go to the 181's as well but right now I am losing the bodyfat that I put on and I like it so I will try and stop around 170-175. I also had to make weight for the 165's which sucked but right now I see how easy it is to lose weight and keep some strength so I am going to do it. Its your choice though, you can always lose the weight if you decided to. Also, dont be like me and just eat everything in sight to gain weight, try to gain it at a reasonable rate so that the strength will be in proportion to the bodyweight.

Great lifts. Congrats on the 1st place.

So far I compete ithe 148's. I am doing the USAPL Deadlift Nationals this year at 148 and after that I am looking to move up to the 165's for a few meets.

You have me smoked on squats and bench. We are close on deads. At my meet a few weeks ago I pulled 450 conventional. Just today I pulled a PR 455 sumo.

damn

when i read your subject i thought it would be a forum i could discuss... i mean it's titled 165 lifters... i figured since that's my total lift i could add my input. you've got this 210#er beat hands down. congrat on the first place man.

I am 165 on my way to 155 not on gear right now, but when bulking last summer I was up to nearly 180,

even on russian d-bol, and 800mg t-400 a week I was no where near those numbers, 330 on the bench, I probably was at 230.

Good job

Top Bottom