Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anthony Clark squats BIG

Daaaammmnnnn...............
car.gif
we're outta here

And

From what it looks like the bar is somewhere around 800. Assuming those are mostly 45s. And that is light compared to what he can do.

I just watched some videos of the HI World Record Breakers held by Gus Rethwisch and he was lifting huge numbers every year.

I met him at APF Worlds and he is a real nice guy too. I am glad he is getting back into it.

Look at all the spotters. Does that old man feel that by holding that 10 pound plate tight is going to help if that sucker comes down? They don't look like they know what they are doing. If Clark dropped that thing there would be some casualties.

well

He might keep it from explosively deloading to his side. I think he must be thinking "If the damn plates are coming off, they are coming off over there on his side, not mine";)

On a more serious note, I have video of a competition lift of AC's that he stumbles with and gets pinned on the ground. 992 or so. Spotters must have about shit, but they managed to get it off of him and save his life.

Lee Moran was the first to squat a grand at a national meet. On his third attempt he went for 1003. Well the collars gave way on one side. Plates started pouring off that side. All of a sudden the bar is unbalanced and the bar tilts to the loaded side. Well about this time the other collar says "fuck it I'm outta here" and all the plates shoot off that side as well. With all this comotion on his back, he was not injured. Lee Moran was awarded another attempt and went on to make the 1003.

Damn Anthony looks like he is ready to die there...but what the hell he has done over 1000 on compatition....not many can say that.

Okay uhhh i counted 9 plates on the side closest to us so thats 18 total. Meaning if those are 45lb plates thats 810 + the bar WoW.

Top Bottom