Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another Single Factor 5x5 Journal

Cheers guys.

I've never had consistent gains like I'm having now. It's great! I guess I've discovered the most anabolic of all substances - excess food. Nothing else comes close.

Blut Wump, you ordered your book a few days before mine, which arrived yesterday, so you might get it before the week's out. They told me they were switching suppliers for Europe because of the problems and gave me this link: http://www.c-of-c.de/Bucher/strenght_and_conditioning/Starting_Strength/starting_strength.html

It looks a bit german to me :)

It was a gift from Jack Schitt who bought a lifetime Plat and a Million K. He bequethed me his current remaining month.

As if I'd ever mention the war.

Grats on PR's, AB. Maybe it would be easier to say 'see above' from now on ;)

Funny thing about Starting Strength, it's an awesome book with kick ass info, but right after I got it I tried to employ 'everything' all at once...totally overthought my squat and had a terrible workout.

I'm so easily influenced :(

And I'm going to call Blut 'B-money' from now on.

I forgot to mention yesterday, but I started to get a slight pain in my left knee straight after the workout. Well, straight after pullups actually. I did a bout of running for cardio a few months ago and my left knee held me back for a few weeks whilst it got used to the running, so I know there's a bit of history with it's weakness.

I'd hate to think the current soreness is due to the squats, but who knows. I'm not sure what to do on Friday now. I was going to bump the weights up to 55kg. Maybe I should just skip squats on Friday.

My upper back's also pretty sore from yesterday's pullups, and my lower back has a slight soreness to it (not pain), so I must have really excelled myself yesterday :)

Be careful with the knee. Certainly part of the problem could be due to using neglected muscles in your squats. I started to get knee aches in the first week of my current program and got a little worried about it. I started to experiment with foot spacing and foot angle until I found a position that helped. I also tried to avoid relaxing at the bottom of the squat since I found that helped too.

All problems are slightly different, though. I'd suggest keeping the weight the same or lowering it but if it hurts just abort and find something else to do. Don't try to ignore the pain for even a single rep lest it be your last for a long while. If it is just neglected muscles bleating at you then you'll be fine again soon enough. Spend a few extra minutes walking on the treadmill, maybe.

Top Bottom