Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another Conventional VS. Sumo question...

I have something different for you to think about. I have a meet in 5 weeks and am still not sure if I am going to pull sumo or conventional. I feel my strength on both is very close. Here is where my question comes in. Being as the deadlift is the last lift of the day and you have already squatted... do you think for someone who squats wide, it would be smart to deadlift conventional at a meet?? I mean, if you already went heavy with a wide stance and nailed the hips, do you think you'd be fresher conventional?? Just somthing to ponder.

well that depends on how sore you get. all the lifts are in the same day so u shouldnt get that sore. im kinda a wide stance squatter and i pull conventional. i know pljay squats a lil bit widder then me and he pulls conventional. how do u feel after u squat? id say pull conventional, if you can get the same out of sumo.

I would say conventional. Especially if strength is close in both. Reason is what will make th ediffernce is whenyou are fighting a hard ass weight to the top, you can slide it up your legs and hit a lockout easier from conventional. But Sumo is supposed to be easier on th elockout then conventional. But conv is faster off the floor but harder to lockout. So figure out where your weakness is and pull to accomadate your strength. You dig?

Your built for both. If your arms look liek chuck Vogalphol's does on th epowermag web site i would pull like that. That bar doesnt move far at all.

Chuck's arms are probably bigger than my whole body, lol.

I'm actually going to suit up and do some heavy singles in the squat and then follow it with the deadlift when I get near my meet. One day I'll go conventional, the other sumo and I'll have to decide. I tell ya, I feel a lot better knowing I could do either style though since at the last meet I was slipping like crazy with my wide sumo stane because the deadlifting mat was gay.

Top Bottom