Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Animal Traps: Heavy or Full ROM Shrug?

B0dybuilder

My traps are ok, maybe even good, but i want em to grow to my fuckin ears like those freaks from wrestling (foget their names). Dont just want good traps, want animal ones and im kinda stuck!

Normally i do 5x8-10reps Shrug full ROM
then 5 x 6-8 Upright Rows

Get a great soreness with Deadlifts as well (4x8-10).

Today i tried HEAVY shrugs, seemed to work, they are pretty tired now, ill report on soreness tomorrow. Had bad ROM and bad form, but seemed to work.

How you guys like em?

That soreness might have come from the change up, moreso than from the effectiveness of the excercise.

I'm a big beliver in form, full ROM, even for the heavy stuff so I'm gonna stick with that.

My experience has been though that deads are as good for the traps as shrugs are, if not better. Will be interesting to see what kind of results you get.

You might try explosive high rep barbell shrugs. Kinda do them jerky style, raise and lower very fast using full range of motion and do about 20-25 reps for 3 sets with about 1 minute rest between sets. Train them 2-3X a week. I did this in high school and they started blowing up after about 2 weeks of this. SQueeze hard and fast at the top and let your shoulders drop under control for a quick stretch at the bottom then rebound up and don't go too heavy on them.

I think if you dont do a full ROM, your lyin and cheatin yourself, and basically wastin someone elses time who is wating for the equipment that you are playing with!!

Peace

Top Bottom