Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

€€ SL 5x5 log €€

Please forgive me as im not trying to hijack this thread but i used to do seated military presses so that i isolated my shoulder and excluded chest as much as possible.I notice that now when i do them standing i tend to lean back a bit and that incorporates my chest more.I started reading about OHP and read that by squeezing your glutes it makes you stand a bit stiffer and not lean back as much which i started doing and now i dont feel im using chest as much.

start with lighter weight cause you will only benefit from it,i just started week 5 and I regert not starting at a lower weight cause now i am stalling on bench,bentover row and ohp but have already surpassed my PR on squats and deadlift which i started out with lighter weights.

I just hope that by me sharng my experience will help you out and benefit you.

Thanks buddy , yeah my bench I'm going to leave at 155 instead of 185, I think that's perfect then I won't stall till atleast 225

Day 2 :
Squats: 95x5. 95x5. 140x5x5
OHP: 45x5. 55x5x7
DeadLifts: 95x5. 95x5. 110x5
Weight: 184pounds , up 4 pounds since last week

Weights felt very easy but I guess that's how I'm supposed to start eh so I don't stall , I guess it's a good thing there super light since tomorrow Is my last day of D-Bol and then onto my PcT .. I got A-hd test booster and Nolvadex for PCT

Well for one I'd say you need to get your deadlift and squat up a lot to be equivalent to your bench. Those goals are a little skewed too with a 285x5 bench you should be squatting at least 350+ and deadlifting in the 400's or more. OHP should be at least 155x5, probably more like 175x5.

But as for ohp grip the bar as hard as possible and focus on using your whole core and back to push the weight up, not just shoulders

Yeah my upper body is way stronger haha, and yeah I started off super easy so I don't stall too much before 12 weeks is up ! Yeah my goals might be outta wack haha , I think this routine will help even me out strength wise

Hey tblock, I feel that the numbers are skewed but I also feel that this will take care of itself in time if he pays attention. S23 seems to be aware of this and in time will most likely add some specialty work to bring up his weak areas.
But for now I think that overall strength is a good focus for you S23.
I say stay with the 5x5. Then after you have completed your 12 weeks you can go to work on your weak points/lifts.

Please forgive me as im not trying to hijack this thread but i used to do seated military presses so that i isolated my shoulder and excluded chest as much as possible.I notice that now when i do them standing i tend to lean back a bit and that incorporates my chest more.I started reading about OHP and read that by squeezing your glutes it makes you stand a bit stiffer and not lean back as much which i started doing and now i dont feel im using chest as much.

start with lighter weight cause you will only benefit from it,i just started week 5 and I regert not starting at a lower weight cause now i am stalling on bench,bentover row and ohp but have already surpassed my PR on squats and deadlift which i started out with lighter weights.

I just hope that by me sharng my experience will help you out and benefit you.

Hey snyp, when you overhead press do squeeze your glutes. Also grip the bar tightly, also press from your chin to the back of your head at the full up position. And last but not least have in your mind that you are pulling the bar apart with your hands and concentrate on your delts and traps at the top.
This should help you not to use so much chest.

I'm gonna put what I eat each day and see what u think
Breakfast:2 cups of oatmeal :1200 cals,
Protein Shake:syntha 6
Yogurt , oats , blueberries and banana

Lunch : booster juice, pbandJ , 4 cups chocolate milk ,
200g chicken, farmer sausage

Supper: 2 racks of ribs , potatoes , beans , 2 cups chocolate milk

Snack before bed : pb and J, protein shake, greens shot ,

Hey snyp, when you overhead press do squeeze your glutes. Also grip the bar tightly, also press from your chin to the back of your head at the full up position. And last but not least have in your mind that you are pulling the bar apart with your hands and concentrate on your delts and traps at the top.
This should help you not to use so much chest.
yeah,i squeeze my glutes and only go down to my chin,i have never tried to pull the bar apart but i know what your talking about though.I think i need to back down on the weight for overhead press and bench.those are the only lifts im having trouble with.

Top Bottom