Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

€€ SL 5x5 log €€

But what will 150 do for me ?? hmm I'm confused about OHP now lol

lol...with the ohp you will start with the bar in front of you, either in front of your chin or resting on your upper chest and you will press up and lock out and when you lock out the bar should be slightly behind you head then repeat...just watch the video I posted that gives a perfect tutorial on the OHP

and if you start at 70% of your max and add weight little by little each workout it won't seem like much but it will become more difficult as you go and you will build the strength to hit your max and surpass it when you get there, I believe that's the concept in a nutshell although i'm still learning with you bro so take that with a grain of salt....Zed will chime in, he's helping me with my 5x5 as well that I started last week and I will be logging mne as soon as I start my cycle which should be on mon. so we should follow along with each other's log as i'm sure it will be helpful if we share info on what we learn as we go

Yeah bro for sure , I will be following yours as well!! Thanks for the info , I'll watch video !!! Yeah hopefully we can learn from eachother ! Maybe I will bring bench weight down a bit too

If you start lighter you'll get more form consolodation and inadvertently get in some dynamic work.

Good shit, keep it up.

But what will 150 do for me ?? hmm I'm confused about OHP now lol
I believe there is a video on stronglifts.com web site on OHP. Start from chest keeping it as close to straight up near face and as clear head lean head forward so when fully extended bar is directly above your body. Its the whole program spread sheet and all. Also has tips and stuff.

From My Droid!

I think it was Spektor or judo tom (sorry cant remember! Lol) that gave a tip a few months back that helped me when doing OHP. He said that you should bring the bar to the chin and when you drive up imagine pushing your head through a pane of glass between your arms so that as you lock out the bar is directly above the back of the head. I'll see if I can find the thread and post the link

Thanks guys , I think I'll be ready for tomorrows workout!! yeah I'm thinking start with 60p for OHP , u think that's good ?

Ok guyz,
ON the OHP. If you start on your chest and take each rep back to your chest you are putting your shoulders at a hell of a risk for injury. If your not competing then work from your chin. Also at the top if you lock out you are putting your elbows at risk of injury. So I stop just before lockout.
OHP is for shoulder mass. Not for chest in any way.
Press from in front of you, your chin to slightly behind your head at the top, not necessarily at lockout but at the top of your movement.
Also by pressing to just behind your head you tend to take most of the load off of your front delts and put it more on your side and rear delts.

IF you wanna start at 60Lbs fine. If it seems too light then do more then 5 sets. With my injured shoulders I started at just the bar. Bro this is the place to leave your pride at the door. I know its hard to be lifting pussy weights. But man you are gonna so surpass anything that you have been lifting and quickly too.
Really I think most peeps error on the side of starting with too much and then they stall out before the 12 weeks. For your first time around it is a lot of guessing. But I have to say Im glad that I started at the weights I did cuz I was able to progress through the entire program.

Ok man so the 185 I started for benching is too high then for sure eh, I was thinking maybe move it down to 155 then , and I'll just start with the bar for OHP then I can get technique spot on :) , yeah pride ain't an issue at my gym lol, I'm usually only one in squat rack and bench , well pretty much only one using bars haha , works perfect for this program !!

Top Bottom