Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AM or PM Workouts Better?

OpusCrosby

Tried on the other forum, but just one response.

I've been working out for months early in the morning (4:30-5:30 AM). I do about 15 mins. on the elliptical (sp?) to wake up and warm up and then 45 mins. weigh training.

I've read that the 30-45 mins. after a workout is when a good protien shake should be taken since the muscles are more apt to absorbe the needed protien. However, that early in the morning, after a workout, the only thing my body is telling me it wants is water--nothing else. After I shower and get ready for work (about 1 hr. after the workout) then my body is starting to think about food and the shake, but just bearly. If I eat or drink the shake before an hour after the workout, it seems to just sit high in my stomach and doesn't really go anywhere; it doesn't seem to digest well until 1.5-2 hrs. later.

However, this last week my schedule changed temporarly and I have been going to the gym basically an hour or so before going to bed. I have no problem getting my protien shake down right after, and it settles real well.

So, I started thinking, is there a better time to work out? AM workouts or PM workouts? Or is it one of those things that it depends on the individual?

I'm thinking that a PM workout may be more beneficial since right after the workout the muscles are allowed to rest and repair soundly for 7-8 hours during sleep. Is there any evidence of this? Or am I all wrong? Or does it even matter? Is there a difference between AM or PM if you natural or juiced?

#1) Whether you want to/like it or not, you must drink a simple sugar and whey protein shake immediately after training. The studies overwhelmingly show that this greatly speeds recover better than waiting to eat. You only have about 45 minutes to get it down. After that your insulin sensitivity declines rapidly.
#2) When you train is completely individual. I get my best training done in the morning. I'm a morning person. Others couldn't imagine waking up and doing squats, so they train in the afternoon or night.

I like morning workouts as they keep your metabolism revved all day. Also, when you come home from school or work, the rest of the night is yours. Again, results all come down to diet, eat right = get results.

you have more testosterone in the moring, thats why morning sex is the shit, so you can workout in the morning and have a good workout or do cardio then, and lift at night, i think it is good to utilize the natural test but thats me, if you like night go night, it will only work better for u if u like it.

I lift in the morning. It keeps me from making excuses about why I can't lift. Also, you NEED that shake. You should take a 3:1 carb to protein shake. I usually eat food directly after my workout, 10oz chicken brest and a cup of rice with a half teaspoon of sugar.

I've tried both (training for over 20 years), and I personally find I get a much better workout in the evenings than I do during the day, assuming I've been able to eat properly during the day and I'm not already exhausted by normal daily activities (i.e. work, etc.).

I do cardio 3X a week right after I get up, but I prefer to have some cofee in me first as it seems to help my endurance and energy levels.

As a plus, I tend to sleep better, and have an easier time just getting to sleep if I've had a grueling workout a few hours before bedtime.

HTH.

I work out 1st thing in the morning, keeps my energy up all day long! Also I find that I miss very few workouts due to a long day at work...blah blah blah.

As far as the shake goes try working your way up to it or reduce the volume of it. I'm not sure how much you are trying to cram down but even 8oz's is better than nothing. I can drink mine in under 10 seconds and its an entire Quart.

i find i have better workouts in the night time becuz after im done ill be completely wiped... plus i eat enough during the day that it keeps my energy up so i have a 110% type of workout

Hey! I train first thing in the morning. Fucking 5am! Luckily I only hit the gym 2-4 times a week. But training in the afternoon or even evening is better. I was able to do more weight for more reps. Its fucking 5am for crying out loud! Just not enough strength.

Top Bottom