Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

am I overtraining?

timberland87

I've been working out hard this year after been over weight for almost 80 pound last year and this year 2017 I lost 30 pounds in three months I'm kind of obsessed with my weight loss and I usually spend about 2 hours lifting weights working on different muscle groups and then 2 more hours of cardio , I hit the gym 5 days a week, sometimes I feel very weak specially in the mornings even taking vitamins and protein shakes, my diet is very low in carbs and high protein, I was wondering if that weakness is because I'm over training myself and that could cause any health issues or it's normal when you are loosing weight that fast, thanks.

Very very very few people train hard enough to even get close to the brink of over training. Keep in mind that there is a big difference between over training and training more then is necessary.

Look at professional athletes. They train for 2-3 hours twice per day. They are the best in the world. They certainly aren't over training.

Feeling burnt out is usually due to under recovering - not over training. Not sleeping enough, missing meals etc.

Also, sometimes you just mentally need to take a day off. Going into the gym day after day can feel like living groundhog day over and over. Sometimes taking a day off gives you that mental reboot you need.

Your workout routine doesn't seem excessive at all. What I think you need is to throw in a refeed or high carbohydrate day once per week. Your body sounds depleted and flat, not over trained.

sounds to me like you just aren't eating enough carbs. this idea that some guru invented that carbs are bad is turning people into robots

you wake up in the morning with such low blood sugar that you drag.. up your carbs bro.. i promise you won't get fat off raw oats, sweet potato, and brown rice

Wow, amazing results man!

I would try a couple things:

-add in more carbs to your diet
-take more rest days
-do a deload week where you lift very light
-make sure you are getting good quality sleep and enough of it

Top Bottom