Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I a mesomorph?

Yarg!

Platinum Membership gift from THE BOMB SQUAD!
I was just wondering if I was a mesomorph because I am not quite sure. I always did have broad shoulders and I was never fat or gangly. Here is some "evidence" of my supposive mesomorphness:

Back when I was training on a regular basis (mon, wed, fri) I was gaining 10lbs a month on the benchpress. This wasnt one rep max either just 10lbs a month for a set of 10 reps. This was very strange because I just benched 3X10, for mon, wed and friday. I NEVER did ANY delt excersises, tricep excersises, squat or deadlifts. I just benched, bicep cable curl, leg press, leg extention and lat pulldown. All of which 3 sets of 10 reps, Monday, Wednesday, Friday. For instance lets say on Janurary I would be bench pressing 130lbs for 10 reps for 3 sets, and I wouldnt even be able to budge 140-145. Then a month later, doing my shitty routine I would not only be able to budge 140-145 but do that for 10 reps and 3 sets. I would also be able to gain 5 lbs a month on barcurl just by going one excersise for bicep. As for food, I only had 3 square meals a day, sometimes only 2, and they would usually consist of rice and an assortment of side dishes. Followed by a glass of milk. No protein supplements, creatine, nothing. So am I a mesomorph or did I just fluke out. Mind you this was all when I was training regularly. Up untill recently I was not able to concentrate on proper weightlifting (due to school and other matters) and would miss sometimes months at a time of weight lifting.

Oh and the 10 lb per month gain was for all my excersise (cept bar curl). And when I said I couldnt budge 140-145 I mean get it off my chest without a spotter.

I personally don't believe in somtypes, ie mesomorph, ecto etc

you can have very skinny guys who look like ectos, but are filled to the brim with fast-twitch fibers and fast CNS, and when they start training they blow up like crazy and gain strength very easy.
People with sprinter genes are usually like that, they don't tend to be stocky guys.

On the other hand people like Kaz and SHane Hamman are about as pure meso in the truest form as you can get :)

Actually your workout back then did`nt seem too bad. You did the basics and did them often. Low volume and progressed in weight. Mon Wed Fri workout.

That`s like the HST style, that seems to add strength. I would think anyone doing that same routine can add good solid weights to the bar.

Top Bottom