Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I doing this right?

vincentv

Hi all, I've just (5 weeks ago) started
working out (power training and fitnessing).

Generaly, a week looks like this:

Mon: fitness > 500Kca - power training > upper body (arms, chest (back))
Tue: fitness > 500Kca
Wed: fitness > 500Kca - power training >
lower body (leggs & abs (back))
Thu: fitness > 500Kca
Fri: fitness > 500Kca - power training >
all round (less intensity)
Sat: rest
Sun: rest

fitnessing: All machines have a meter which tells you how much Kca have been used. I consider it a good workout when the sum of all machines is 500. (dont ask why.. it just feels right :). This usually takes about 45 - 50 mins. .. I use a hartmeter to train for fat-loss. (The machine adjusts the level to your heart rate).

power training: I do all exercizes which train the part of the body I want to train on a few times.. (reps: 12 - 8 - 5 with increasing weights.. I pick the weights so I can barely make the last rep). on friday I do an 'all round' workout with lower weights, but higher reps.

I dont have a clue if Im doing this right :)
I want to look better (worked-out) in general, and a six pack in specific.

The 'problem' is that the fitness/power training center I do this, is a university's, which means there are no experts running around to help me.

All information on the internet is sooo contradictionary.. everyone seems to have their own view on things.

Am I doing this right?
How long before I can see my abs? ;P
(I dont eat much fat, and I try to live healty)
How do you measure your fat level?
I read that training with free weights is better than training with machines, is this true?

thank you for listening to my story :)
and any help/information is appreciated.

- Vincent

what do you mean by >500kca ???
split looks ok.
find out your Bodyfat% and you should be able to see abs when you get down to about 8%

I wouldn't worry about what the machines say. Tell them to shutup....don't use them unless you have to. Learn some free weight exercises. Stick around this board for a while.

Valdez: what do you mean by >500kca ???

it means that I train on the machines till they tell me I did excersizes worth 500 Kca.
(total)

Valdez: find out your Bodyfat% and you should be able to see abs when you get down to about 8%

Ah :) cool. I suppose I have to go to an expert to measure it? or is there a way to measure it yourself?

Garza: I wouldn't worry about what the machines say. Tell them to shutup....don't use them unless you have to.

I use them, how else am I going to loose fat, but I suppose you mean: 'it doesn't matter what the machines tell you'. What do you consider a good regular (dayly) fitness workout?

Garza: Learn some free weight exercises.

Are they better than using machines?

Garza: Stick around this board for a while.

I Will :)

- Vincent

Top Bottom