Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I destroying the SS 3x5 workout?

gymrat surfer

Hey guys, please forgive me but I know I am not supposed to mess around with the SS workout but after reading other workouts like D.C and PHAT I figured, why not? I don't like the idea of having a short workout and a lack of variation. Plus I care more about aesthetics then strength! Now, keep in mind that I am about to start a leangains cut diet so if you think that this is to overkill please give me your suggestions! Thanks!

Here it is. M/w/f switching from variation A to B

Plan is to do the first 3 exercises with explosive movement (maintaining perfect form) and then finishing the workout with controlled reps (not to slow but having positive as same speed as negative).

A
Squat 3x5
Bench press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Dips 2x8
Leg curls 2 x 12
Close Grip Pulldowns 2 x 12
Side lateral raises 2 x 12
Spider curls 2 x 12
Weighted sit-ups 2 x 12
Seated calves 2 x 12

B
Squat 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Pendely Row 3x5
Chin Ups 2 x 8
Leg extensions 2 x 12
DB chest press 2 x 12
Upright Rows 2 x 12
Skull Crushers 2 x 12
Hanging Leg Raises 2 x 12
Standing calves 2 x 12

Ill give my input... It seems like you need to figure out what goals you want to accomplish. You are mixing a beginners strength/mass routine with a semi-bodybuilding routine... You are starting your workout day with the 3 most taxing lifts, which is why the workout issupposed to be shorter... It is for beginners who arent lifting heavy enough weights, so they consistently make progress even while doing the "big 3" every other day. Their CNS isnt getting taxed yet due to the lighter weights. If you are at the point that you want to alter the SS program, then doing all 3 lifts is probably going to be too taxing to your CNS to even recover from by the next workout session, so I think throwing all that fluff on the end is going to result in extreme overtraining. All this with a deficit of calories? I think it is a recipe for disaster. Just my opinion though. Goodluck!

my opinion is that you have too much volume and too much crap in your program. just cut half of it out and focus on the big compound movements because they are the ones that really elicit a training response.

squats bench deadlifts dip chinups pendanlyrows and militarypress are enough in my opinion. you should fit in a couple of sets of isolations at the end to brush up on specific bodyparts. three of those compound movements with one isolation movement should take up an hour.

Top Bottom