Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

am cardio pm weights

Id501

what do you guys think of this routine? do cardio in the am with an empty stomach,some people say you burn stored fat faster that way, and weights in the pm, according to body builders your muscles grow when you are resting not when you work out, so going to bed after lifting would be more beneficial? thanks.

I've done this type of thing before and the biggest challenge is not letting yourself down in the PM session due to not feeling like going

it takes a lot of discipline and motivation and TIME too. it is a lot easier to do it all in the same session vs. splitting. but if you can split + get a nap in between you will have tremendous results. pro athletes can do this, the rest of us mortals that have jobs and families can't :(

When it really comes down to it - what matters most is getting in your weight workout and cardio session in each day. You have to think big picture with all this stuff. At the end of the day, it really isn't going to make any real world difference if you do cardio in the AM and weight workouts in the PM or vice versa.

I think it's smart to split up your cardio and weight workouts so each session is shorter and not a marathon but I wouldn't get too hung up on which you do when.

I personally do my weight workouts in the AM and cardio in the PM. I find I have more energy in the AM and your weight workouts should always be your first priority.

Recent studies have shown that the rate of fat loss is no greater doing cardio fasted vs eating before hand. If you are the typical bodybuilder eating 4-6 meals a day, you are never really 'fasted' anyways. You will always have at least some glycogen in your muscles.

Whenever it would come to competition periods - thats what I would do.

I would do half of my cardio AM in the morning on an empty stomach. Then in the evening I would do my workout and after that I would hit some cardio as well.

This way you keep your body going at all times and it burns those calories. When training fasted or doing fasted cardio, I would highly suggest a yohimbine based supplement such as yohimbine hcl or yohimflame from n2bm

Top Bottom