Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

AM cardio better on empty stomach? for fat burning?

tiger88

wake your ole fat ass up

and do some C

better to do on empty stomach?

opionons please... ihave heard yes and no and i want Dial_Tone word on this since i am betting he is online and also watchin the oly trials too :)

Well, back in HS after the end of my senior football season I was ready to get in shape. I went to the gym before school on an empty stomach,and did 30 minutes of cardio mon-fri. I went from 255 to 215 lbs in 5 months. I was also working out in the evenings after school , dieting and I was also taking ripped fuel. That probably isnt the response your looking for but it definentlly helped me out.

i'm not dial tone, but i do think that would be the best strategy. for even better fat burning, do intervals for about 20 minutes

I remember reading that it is the best time. I think there was research to back up the claim.

I'd say no, without research to back it up. Cardio in a fasted state will not only cause fat loss but catabolism. Your body's going to get energy where it can.
Better to eat something that won't give you an upset stomach 30-60 minutes beforehand.

westsnoop said:
I'd say no, without research to back it up. Cardio in a fasted state will not only cause fat loss but catabolism. Your body's going to get energy where it can.
Better to eat something that won't give you an upset stomach 30-60 minutes beforehand.

Eat something small like an apple before doing cardio and you'll be fine. There is also a study showing that if you drink a protein shake before doing cardio, prevent catabolism. But yes, cardio in the morning is a must

Here's an abstract I remember reading courtesy of Nandi12 over at cuttingedgemuscle.com.

Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2002 Sep;283(3):E565-72

A preexercise alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein meal preserves lipid oxidation and decreases adiposity in rats.

Bouthegourd JC, Roseau SM, Makarios-Lahham L, Leruyet PM, Tome DG, Even PC.

Unite Mixte de recherche de Physiologie de la Nutrition et du comportement alimentaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon, F75231 Paris, France.

The composition of the preexercise food intake is known to affect substrate utilization during exercise and thus can affect long-term changes in body weight and composition. These parameters were measured in male rats exercised 2 h daily over 5 wk, either in the fasting state or 1 h after they ingested a meal enriched with glucose (Glc), whole milk protein (WMP), or alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein (CPalphaL). Compared with fasting, the Glc meal increased glucose oxidation and decreased lipid oxidation during and after exercise. In contrast, the WMP and CPalphaL meals preserved lipid oxidation and increased protein oxidation, the CPalphaL meal increasing protein oxidation more than the WMP meal. At the end of the study, body weight was larger in the WMP-, Glc-, and CPalphaL-fed rats than in the fasted ones. This resulted from an increased fat mass in the WMP and Glc rats and to an increased lean body mass, particularly muscles, in the CPalphaL rats. We conclude that the potential of the CPalphaL meal to preserve lipid oxidation and to rapidly deliver amino acids for use during exercise improved the efficiency of exercise training to decrease adiposity

Top Bottom