Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alternate Back Routine

JKurz1 said:
Who is AAP and you can't replace hypers with Deads.........nothing can replace deads.........

AAP posts mostly on the Chat board now, he has a quite an impressive physique. I agree nothing replaces deads, I was just relaying what works for him.

JKurz1 said:
One week, I do str8 leg deads for hams (on leg day) and skip deads on back day..........the next week, I do deads for back and skip or go light with str8 leg on leg day...........

Ah ok, I was wondering because I would rather kick out SLDL than Regular deads. Damn, maybe I sould switch mine up too, I do both in one week. Were you having any pain or are you just being cautious?

jkurz,
my back workout from yesterday...

deads: 3 sets (135, 225, 275 all for 10 reps, easy day, didnt do them last week)
pullups: 3 sets of 10
wide grip barbell rows (palms facing): 4 sets of 10 (135, 155, 185, 205)
dumbbell rows: 3 sets of 10 with 100
close-grip pull-downs: 3 sets of 10 (100, 130, 160)

biceps: barbell and concentrations

Speaking of back, what do you think about having 2 back days per week one day for thickness and the other for width?

BIGDHO said:
Speaking of back, what do you think about having 2 back days per week one day for thickness and the other for width?
Entertained that idea many times............what would your splits look like, exercise wise?

I think it is definitely a big enough muscle group that could handle the extra load, but how long could you last doing it, a month, maybe 2?

My back workout is this:

Deadlifts 3 sets plus warmup or two
Pullups 3x12
One armed DB rows 3x12
Seated low rows STRICT 3x12
Hypers 3x12 with whatever weight I can handle at the time.

JKurz1 said:
Entertained that idea many times............what would your splits look like, exercise wise?

Not to sure how to make up the routine and split but Ive heard some others doing this with good sucsess...........Ill have to think on that one.

IMO deadlifst aren't necesary for bbing. I'm with AAP on this one. :)

Heres a sample of my routine:

Weighted wide grip chins to front 3 x 10-6
Tbar row(freeweight style, not with the pad) 3 x 8-12
Behind the neck pulldowns 3 x 8-10
Seated cable row 3 x 10-8
Weighted hypers 3 x 15ish

I also train rear delts and traps with back, but I won't include them.

Top Bottom