Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all you high volume hating, bastards here.... i'm dropping the volume...going HST.

psychedout

Not that high volume training doesn't work -- works quite well -- but i've been at it for 9 weeks, and I change things up every 8-10 weeks.

So critique my HST (I know how much this board loves low volume, high frequency):

Squat (2 sets)

Stiff Leg Dead Lift (2 set)

Incline BB Bench (2 set)

Underhand BB row (2 set)

Front pulldowns (2 set)

DB shoulder press (1set)

DB lateral (1set)

Bent over lateral (1set)

Front BB shrug (1set)

BB curls (2set)

Skull crushers (2 set)

Stand calve raise (2set)

Wrist Roller (1 set)

Decline situp (2 set)

Leg Raises (2 set)

Weights will be done MWF, with cardio on TRS.

Now no one better be flaming me for this.

Looks good. 2 each of squats and sl deads might be a tad much, if so drop one of them down to 1 set each workout and switch off btw 1 and 2 sets

That seems like a lot more volume (exercises and total sets) than most people can/should do on HST, but if it works for you go for it.

Backlash said:
That seems like a lot more volume (exercises and total sets) than most people can/should do on HST, but if it works for you go for it.

Mmm, maybe, but really not too much more.

I just got back from my first workout.

Ughhh --bigtime shocker -- i've been training in the 4-8 rep range so long, i've forgot how damn hard 15 rep sets were, especially with a slow tempo.

Very joint freindly workout however.

cwick0 -- certainly no one will argue with the numbers you put up hhahahaha, and volume training is good. This is gonna be an interesting way for me to train. Before I would do 16 sets for bis, 22 for back, etc. Now its like 6 for bis, 12 for back. But then again they are all intense sets. Have you ever tried HST? Curious if you have and what you thought. This is my first real go -- I did it before, but I never really followed the rep pyramiding scheme or tempo.

Intraining -- what did you choose for back? There is such a vast selection of back exercises, but I think I rounded it off pretty well. SLDL should hammer lower back, underhand bb rows should work thickenss, and pulldowns width. I would have gone with chins, but I can only do 13, and getting to 15 chins is damn hard. Could have gone for the machine but oh well.

PS> I like the lack of flames here. Keep it up. :D

psychedout said:
Intraining -- what did you choose for back? There is such a vast selection of back exercises, but I think I rounded it off pretty well. SLDL should hammer lower back, underhand bb rows should work thickenss, and pulldowns width. I would have gone with chins, but I can only do 13, and getting to 15 chins is damn hard. Could have gone for the machine but oh well.

When I designed my routine this is what I chose for back:

Row: BB row(I prefer overhand)
Vertical Pulling movment: Pulldowns to the Front(only because chins and pullups are harder to add weight to, and my gym has these nice little 2.5 lb blocks)
Lower Back: Rack Deads(once a week though to prevent CNS taxing...also really like the way it works the traps)
Traps: DB shrugs with 2 sec hold at top

Last edited:
Top Bottom