Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all personal trainers, or other people that know about personal training..

Dnutz

this is what i would want to do for a living, what would i go to study in college, or what are some good sites to get info or any good books? all advice is appreciated, thanks!!

If you are going to go to school, you'll have to study some type of exercise physiology or kinesiology major. As far as websites are concerned, look at

nsca-lift.org
ACSM.org

If you want books, Supertraining by Mel Sciff would be a great addition to your library.

Good Luck.

start with an easier nation cert like NFTP and go form there - passing will afford you cheap unsurance and credentials to get you started.....I tuen down a lot of work and even in my rural area I get 50 bucks an hour easily

i mean like what can i study, im only 15 right now lol, but i think if i get a head start at studying i would make more money and know more stuff, cuz some day i want to have my own supplement, training facility, u know stuff like that, i have high expectations, lol, thanks again!!

The best thing for now is the basics. A good foundation in math, bio, chem, etc...will really get you where you need to be to tackle advanced anatomy, physics, kineseology, etc..

I wonder how many people would like to go back to where YOU are and just "pay more attention."

yah.......

ive taken health already, and im in bio right now, thanks, anymore advice is appreciated, thanks again!!

The big 3 (non degree requirement)
www.nasm.org (NASM)
www.nsca-lift.org (NSCA)
www.issaonline.com (ISSA)

www.ptonthenet.com (good info)
www.exrx.net (good info)
www.elitefitness.com :D (good to stimulate interest in research, dont believe everything you read) :p

as for study after high school, a degree in kinesiology with whatever option or emphasis would be a good idea. im looking to an exercise science option (which is balls deep in science) but there are other options which are less intensive academically IMO. You're in Cali? CSULB (fingers crossed in another semester) or UCLA would be a wise choice for the kinesiology programs. the program in CSU Long Beach is impacted as of now and has been for a while so you have to be shit hot to get in. (again fingers crossed) hehhe. Not sure about UCLA though.

pm me if you have any questions, im in cali also. :fro:

The best thing for now is the basics. A good foundation in math, bio, chem, etc...will really get you where you need to be to tackle advanced anatomy, physics, kineseology, etc..

I wonder how many people would like to go back to where YOU are and just "pay more attention."

Me, I would

bignate73 had some great suggestions ...ditto from me.

Speedfreak5:
"I wonder how many people would like to go back to where YOU are and just "pay more attention.""

Good Lord, ain't that the truth.

Spatts, I am one of those that would like to go back. Not that I am not happy with how I turned out, just that the quality of life ($$$$$) would have been better. That has everything to do with luck, smarts and hard work at an early age but mostly hard work and smarts.

Top Bottom