Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all the other fatties out there looking to lose, someone out there agrees with me that more muscle > then dropping muscle/fat from cardio

FriendlyCanadian

<^> ( ' ' ) <^>
Platinum
More muscle = faster metabolism
The best way to lose weight and keep it off is to increase your metabolism. Most people think that the best way to lose weight is to do as much cardiovascular training as possible. While cardiovascular training will help burn calories, it does not provide a long-term metabolic boost. Increasing the amount of muscle in your body is the most effective way to lose those unwanted pounds for good. Here's why:

• It is estimated that just one pound of muscle will burn an extra 35 to 50 calories per day, at rest! That means that it is burning these extra calories while you are relaxing, at work and even sleeping!

• An extra 10 pounds of muscle will therefore burn approximately 350 to 500 extra calories per day, or over 3,500 per week.

• In order to lose one pound of fat you must burn an extra 3,500 calories.

• This means that if you increase the amount of muscle mass in your body by 10 pounds, you will lose a pound of fat every seven to 10 days, without making any other changes!

So to all those fatties who have been like uhhhh should I just lose 20-30 lbs hardcore cardio and then put on muscle, I've always been an advocate for no but here is a better reason to look at it.

If you lose 10-20 lbs of muscle too during your stint to deefatty land.

your body will born 3500-7000 calories LESS by itself each week, boy that sucks balls, that's alot of running on a treadmill.

at the same time, if you put on 10-20lbs of muscle while being fat (I swear it's easier in my opinion) your body will start to burn 3500-7000 more calories when you're doing NOTHING. holy shit that's like free fucking cardio, fucking eh.

I've noticed during my downstint that even though I've been eating like shit sorta, and working out alot less, getting things all sorted out. that because I've put on at least 10 lbs or more of muscle that I've kept since the omega project my weight hasn't jumped back up at all, which makes me happy.

Now I'm ready to embark on a 4-5 month stint of hardcore training, not missing a day, I'll fucking miss work before I miss my gym time. :)

anyhow enjoy the read.

muscle is the win in the battle of the bulge!

Indeed.

I try my best to keep some sort of balance between muscle gain and fat loss whilst training.

I dont mind if it takes me a little longer to put on the (good) pounds.

also been reading alot, some of to me at least highly respected individuals keep toting, high interval training for cardio, saves some fucking time, burns more, keeps the body guessing.

post workout ofcourse.

Really? I thought that shakes were the answers.

What do you mean PWO shakes? Not McD's Shamrock shakes?

Uh oh.

Re: To all the other fatties out there looking to lose, someone out there agrees with

EnderJE said:
Really? I thought that shakes were the answers.

What do you mean PWO shakes? Not McD's Shamrock shakes?

Uh oh.

lol, i hope they taste better in canada than they do here

Re: To all the other fatties out there looking to lose, someone out there agrees with

chris302001 said:
lol, i hope they taste better in canada than they do here
They sure do! I never knew that McD's served alcohol until I had a Shamrock shake.

personally i found that tacking on 15-20 minutes of cardio after a 45 minute weights workout helped me drop a lot more than a pound a week, and got me to the best condition of my life

GoldenDelicious said:
personally i found that tacking on 15-20 minutes of cardio after a 45 minute weights workout helped me drop a lot more than a pound a week, and got me to the best condition of my life

for sure, totally agree that this is the best method to shed.

15-20 minutes of cardio after weight training, that's what I posted, essentially.

Top Bottom