Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ALL HAIL Needsize Crunches!!!

So you're never letting your torso go below parallel to the floor? After the 5 count you do the sit-up, then go right back to the parallel position? These sound cool, think I'm giong to try them tomorrow.

I like the 5's a lot, when things get easy, add weight. I read about these on this site and I really like them. I worked my way up to holding a 45 after about 3 months or so, and they are more effective that anything I've ever done, plus just mentally, adding weight for abs sure beats doing 75 reps anyday.

blut wump said:
I do them with a full extension after the five count before coming back up.

Down to parallel and hold for a 5-count
Extend fully down
Come back up to crunch
Repeat

Ok, thanks blut wump. I think I'll try it that way.

needsize said:
there really isnt a set rep scheme, I suggest with starting with 5x5, but personally I worked up to 5x8 reps with a 45lb plate, and its done wonders for my abs, I've never been on stage with anyone who had ones that could compare

Really interesting. I can remember decline sit-ups being standard and then crunches came along.

I'm doing 4 sets of 12 now to a bit below parallel with a 25 plate. I'll start holding that mid position.

its that slow 5 count where you hold it that really seems to do the trick, not only does it build the killer abs, but really increases core strength as well

You all have sold me on doing these as well. Similar to Russian Twists for the obliques. I wonder why I've never thought to try the same principle for abs. These simple ideas are often the ones overlooked and at the same time prove to be very effective. :)

needsize said:
there really isnt a set rep scheme, I suggest with starting with 5x5, but personally I worked up to 5x8 reps with a 45lb plate, and its done wonders for my abs, I've never been on stage with anyone who had ones that could compare

No diss to your excersize scheme, but your genetics in the ab department have alot to do with your development. I think you could do Jane Fonda ab workouts and beat peoples asses on stage...

gjohnson5 said:
No diss to your excersize scheme, but your genetics in the ab department have alot to do with your development. I think you could do Jane Fonda ab workouts and beat peoples asses on stage...

All true... but I was thinking they'd be usefull from a functional strength standpoint as well.

Top Bottom