Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Aggressive weight loss plan

cyrex

Hey all. I am interested in some suggestions on a very aggressive weight loss plan. I am currently very fat. I'm 6'3" weigh about 290 lbs with around 30% body fat. I tore my ACL in college playing football and have not been in shape since. My knee is currently healthy and I am ready to start training again. To start, I just want to just tear down my weight and lose as much as possible in the next 16 weeks. For short-term motivation I am doing a competition with other guys in my office. We are to lose 10% of our body weight in 12 weeks and keep it off for another 4 weeks. Long term goal is to get down to 10% bf and build up to around 230lbs where I was before my knee injury, but first thing is first.

I want to do everything I can to win this competition at work. I am looking for recommendations on my diet to boost my metabolism. Obviously I will be trying to do as much cardio as time and mental toughness will allow, so I think I have my training plan covered, but I'm looking for suggestions on a diet plan that will boost my metabolism and keep it up there for a while.
I have some ephedra capsules left from before my injury as well as some xenedrine with ephedra, so I have that at my disposal for supplements (I will be under doctor supervision using them). Does anyone know where I can get anymore ephedra supplements? Also any recommendations on other 'helpers' would be nice. I was thinking of getting some liquid clen, but I am not sure if I want to take the legal risks of that route since my only option at the moment would be ordering online.

I digress. Back to the diet. For the first 2 days I am not going to be eating anything and drinking as much water as I can consume. This will server a few purposeses:
1) I don't remember when the last time I was really 'hungry' and want to know what that feels like again.
2) I haven't been drinking much water so if I replace my urge to eat with drinking water, I will be able to break into drinking more water quicker and drop my retained water sooner.

So one of my questions is will the fasting for a few days harm or help my metabolism? I assume it shouldn't do much for only 2 days of it, but does anyone have a recommendation on increasing or decreasing the fasting part?

Second, I have had great success previosly in 'kick starting' my metabolism with a ketonic diet for 2 weeks with 1 day in between where I break the diet and eat pizza or pasta to 'trick' my body into thinking all is normal and continue to burn fat. Is there futher research on the effectiveness of this? Is there a better strategy and how long can it last?

What has everyone else seen working for dramatic weight loss? Also are there any supplements that I might be able to use to help my progress? I do gain and lose weight fairly easily and lost near 60 lbs in a 2.5 month period so I know my body can do it, but I want every advantage over my competition.

Second, does anyone have any recommendations on post-competition? Again, my long term goal is to get to around 230 lbs with 10% bf. Should I try to get down to 8 or 9% before trying to bulk up? or is 15-18% good enough, start bulking up and then cut down once my lean body mass is around 215?

If anyone can refer me to any literature, or media to look at for assistance or their own personal opinion or experience I would be very thankful.

BTW Any websites with non-biased info on comparisons of different diet strategies (atkins, southbeach, weightwatchers, high carb, etc) would be great. Unfortunately google is littered with advertisements for a weight loss product with no decent information that is unbiased.

A classic.
From Crumcake - God, I miss him :bawling:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124600

I've done fasts even though I don't suggest them. So I won't comment other than I would just dive right into the diet.

The below is From Tha One Crum Cake - this is his diet:

This is a Strict Diet for 8 weeks. No CHEAT days, None. 56 days Straight. If you can't deal with it, then this isn't for you. If you can hang, The results will be Phenomenal.

This is a Diet for someone who is in Shape, but just needs to lose those LAST few pounds of Stubborn fat.

This diet will work ESPECIALLY for those with excess Fat in the lower abs, thighs, lower back area.

Diet Guidelines:

Avoid All starches, You don't need them if your goal is to get down to 4-7 fucking Percent BodyFat.

1. Eat Tons of Green Veggies (Fiber)

2. Eat Lots of Healthy Fats ex. Steak, Flax Oil, E.v. OliveOil, Salmon, Fish Oils, etc. (Energy)

3. Eat TONS of Protein (Preserve Muscles)

4. DRINK 1 1/2 gallons of H20 a day AT LEAST.

Avoid ALL fruit drinks, Juices, rice, breads.

Eat carbos ONLY after a grueling Glycogen depleting workout.

You will have Tons of energy from the Healthy Fats,
Good digestion from the Fiber,
and great Muscle Hardness and Protection from the Protein.

Healthy Fats = Energy
Protein = Muscle Hardness, Muscle Protection
Fiber = Digestion, and various other health Benefits.

Healthy Fats, Lots of Fiber, And TONS of Protein. That's the key.

Not only will you DROP bodyfat while maintaing Muscle, but you will ALSO have an abundance of energy and your skin (complexion) will be looking great as well.

Example of a Day...

1. 3 servings of Whey/ 1 tablespoon of Flax Oil
2. 8 - 10oz London Broil Steak (Extra Lean)/ 1-2 cups Green Veggies.
3. Grilled Salmon/ 1-2 cups Green Veggies.
4. 3 servings of Whey/ 1 tablespoon of Flax Oil
5. 2 Cans of Tuna/ Chopped Onions/Celery/ 1 tablespoon of Safflower Mayonaise.
6. (Post Workout) MRP or 2 servings of Whey/10oz Orange Juice.
7. 8-10oz Extra Lean Steak/ 2 cups Veggies.

Breaks Down to about:
Protein 1.5 - 2 grams per lb of Bodyweight
Fat .5 - .75grams per lb of Bodyweight
Carbs (only post workout) 30-50 grams
Fiber in the form of Green Veggies - As much as Possible.

Supplements:

Do NOT take ANY FAT BURNERS...why? They will Surpress your appetite TOO much, You need to eat every 2 hours. If you take a fat burner you won't be up to it.

1 Multivitamin
Extra Zinc 30 - 50mgs
Fish Oil Caps
Flax Oil Liquid
200mcg Selenium
800mgs Folic Acid
800iu Vitamin E
2grams Vitamin C

WORKOUTS:

Staying ACTIVE!! is the KEY. ALWAYSSSS stay Active.

Lift 4 times a Week. Alternate Between Heavy Low Rep workouts, and High repetition Moderate Weight Workouts.

Cardio, 4-7 days a week, Alernate Between 20 min High Intensity (Jump Ropes, Sprints) and Low intensity for 45min - 1hour (Walking, Light Jogging, Jumping Jacks (lol) )

This DIET is NOT easy by Anymeans, It takes proper planning a day ahead of time. (You have to have the Steaks/ Veggies/ Chicken/ Salmon, Thawed out Before cooking them, Put stuff in Tupper Ware..you Just have to be Prepared.)
Be prepared to Go through at LEAST 1lb of lean Steak a day, and 10 servings of Whey Powder a day and TONS of Green Veggies a day. Be prepared to be going grocery shopping at least twice a week.

Like I said ths diet is not easy, But oh well, No one said this game is Easy.

But Remember if you can stick through it for 8 Grueling weeks, You'll be Satified at the End with your Amazing Results.

Good Luck.

p.s. NEVER mix Fat and Carbs at the Same meal.

Peace,

Crumcake.

Oh a few thoughts - save the supplements for when you have lost weight and even with the addition of cardio (or more cardio) you hit a dead end. You need to leave something in reserve when your body slows down in the weight loss department.

great. Thanks. The main reason for the short fast is just so I can remember what it feels like to be hungry again.

Cyrex said:
great. Thanks. The main reason for the short fast is just so I can remember what it feels like to be hungry again.

Oh believe me - I know just what you mean.
It's kinda like a rush, like a really good workout - until the pain sets in.

Cyrex said:
Hey all. I am interested in some suggestions on a very aggressive weight loss plan. I am currently very fat. I'm 6'3" weigh about 290 lbs with around 30% body fat. I tore my ACL in college playing football and have not been in shape since. My knee is currently healthy and I am ready to start training again. To start, I just want to just tear down my weight and lose as much as possible in the next 16 weeks. For short-term motivation I am doing a competition with other guys in my office. We are to lose 10% of our body weight in 12 weeks and keep it off for another 4 weeks. Long term goal is to get down to 10% bf and build up to around 230lbs where I was before my knee injury, but first thing is first.

I want to do everything I can to win this competition at work. I am looking for recommendations on my diet to boost my metabolism. Obviously I will be trying to do as much cardio as time and mental toughness will allow, so I think I have my training plan covered, but I'm looking for suggestions on a diet plan that will boost my metabolism and keep it up there for a while.
I have some ephedra capsules left from before my injury as well as some xenedrine with ephedra, so I have that at my disposal for supplements (I will be under doctor supervision using them). Does anyone know where I can get anymore ephedra supplements? Also any recommendations on other 'helpers' would be nice. I was thinking of getting some liquid clen, but I am not sure if I want to take the legal risks of that route since my only option at the moment would be ordering online.

I digress. Back to the diet. For the first 2 days I am not going to be eating anything and drinking as much water as I can consume. This will server a few purposeses:
1) I don't remember when the last time I was really 'hungry' and want to know what that feels like again.
2) I haven't been drinking much water so if I replace my urge to eat with drinking water, I will be able to break into drinking more water quicker and drop my retained water sooner.

So one of my questions is will the fasting for a few days harm or help my metabolism? I assume it shouldn't do much for only 2 days of it, but does anyone have a recommendation on increasing or decreasing the fasting part?

Second, I have had great success previosly in 'kick starting' my metabolism with a ketonic diet for 2 weeks with 1 day in between where I break the diet and eat pizza or pasta to 'trick' my body into thinking all is normal and continue to burn fat. Is there futher research on the effectiveness of this? Is there a better strategy and how long can it last?

What has everyone else seen working for dramatic weight loss? Also are there any supplements that I might be able to use to help my progress? I do gain and lose weight fairly easily and lost near 60 lbs in a 2.5 month period so I know my body can do it, but I want every advantage over my competition.

Second, does anyone have any recommendations on post-competition? Again, my long term goal is to get to around 230 lbs with 10% bf. Should I try to get down to 8 or 9% before trying to bulk up? or is 15-18% good enough, start bulking up and then cut down once my lean body mass is around 215?

If anyone can refer me to any literature, or media to look at for assistance or their own personal opinion or experience I would be very thankful.

I think making a competition out of it will help get you motivated for this long hard journey that lies ahead of you, but your going to have to want it for yourself not for others nor to win a bet. With that said there's alot of issues that needs to be address. First of all, your fasting strategy serves no purpose whatsoever. You said it yourself, "I assume it should'nt do much for only 2 days of it". So why do it?? It will only decrease your metabolism, not to mention, not being able to lift your d*ck to piss from lack of evergy. Second, drinking only water will benefit you extremely, but your bf is 30%, your not going to notice the loss of retained water, thats just not feasible yet. So yes, i do agree with just drinking water, but you need to get a diet going, where you eat 6-8 meals a day. Thats how you begin to get your metabolism up. You need to focus on 1.how many cals a day 2. only good, clean cals. I know starting a diet is like trying to quit smoking cold turkey, so for a month, allow yourself a cheat meal once a week, but when the urges stop, stop cheating. You said you had success with the ketonic diet. NOT a fan. Not even in my pre-contest diet(one week out) do i totally cut all carbs. What was your bodyfat at when you tried this strategy? Your doing some of the tricks that bodybuilders do for pre and post contest. This want, I repeat, want work with a bodyfat of 30. I wouldnt recommend this to anyone unless they're under 10%. I beleive your over complicating things. Focus on your diet before you try the tricks of the trade.
With your post comp question, it is really a personal preference, but i try not too go any higher than 12% all yr. long. I also beleive that the further you push down in bf, the better results your going to get when you come off.
As far as supplements for weight loss, there are so many of them, but i recommend a eca stack. Ephedrine, caffeine, asprin.
To recap

You definitely need to do some research formulating a sound diet. Also, just focus on sticking to the diet and not as much on strategizing, keep it simple. For best results, do your cardio in the morning on empty stomach. I dont know what your lifting routine is but it should be a routine focused on toning. Your not going to gain muscle while on a serious cutting diet. Take glutamine to help maintain muscle while on this diet, preferably after cardio and before bed.
You want dramatic weight loss, besides starving yourself(which will only work until you get hungry and gain all the weight back + some) get lipo or the surgery where they taple your stomach. All three strategies are dramatic :) , but in your situation, i feel you just need to stick to a diet and exercise and weight training program. If you want us to critique your diet, post it.

great thank you for your input 6_pak. I am still formulating my diet, I will post it here soon.

I don't suggest any fasting. Although limiting fasting to 2 days shouldn't be a problem people tend to think they can starve themselves skinny and your body just doesn't work like that. Basically when you deprive your body of energy like eating an extremely restricted diet it thinks you are starving. what little food you do eat is more likely to be stored as fat...remember, your body is in emergency mode trying to prevent starvation. You best bet for dropping BF relatively fast is to get on CKD. That should get you burning fat as a primary fuel.

This is a breakdown of what you'd want to do based on the spreadsheet by Mr. X. Basically follow this diet plan with lots of low-intensity cardio and you should see results.

Day Cal/day Fat Protein Carb
1 3306 312 124 Less Than 20 Grams
2 3132 261 196 Less Than 20 Grams
3 2958 214 259 Less Than 20 Grams
4 3480 271 261 Less Than 20 Grams
5 3132 244 235 Less Than 20 Grams
6 2958 214 259 Less Than 20 Grams
7 4524 50 226 792

I decided to go with a form of the CKD.
Right now I am definately in ketosis and in the last 4 days have lost about 12 pounds. A majority of that is water weight, but I've been trying to do at least 45 minutes of cardio every day with some very fast jump roping for 5 minutes to finish up + the lifting. My diet has consisted of hard boiled eggs, browned Hamburger + cheddar cheese, a broccli + steak stir fry, and a little flax seed oil.

I am beginning to plan out a better diet and prepare things in advance since I work from 7:00 a.m. to about 6:00p.m. every day in an office sitting down and sometimes longer

Top Bottom