Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

After 12 week , 1st DC workout without progress

Deepsquat

After 12 week , 1st DC workout without progress

It has been 12-13 weeks since I started the DC lifting ( see sticky at top of page) and today was my 1st day not having progressed with all exercises .. I actually did worse on my inlcine smith press...better on Hammer military ( selectorized ...cant use it anymore ..as that was the stack) the same on dumbell tri extentions...better on pullups and better on dumbell row ( using 120LBS)
Now perhaps the reason for the poor preformance was I had a migraine last night ( constant sufferer) and took 2 222s and later a fioranol with codiene with a port wine chaser ..so when I got up was still a bit drugged up...we will see next time i hit those exercises again.:(

The heaviest dumbbells we have in the gym are 140s. When I perform shrugs, I get 13 -15 good full range reps with the 140s, as I am able to get 7 reps on dumbbell rows. Pressing them is a different story:) .

Deepsquat,

Hang in there, switch a few things around. Maybe migrate towards hammer strength inclines or incline barbell presses. Here is my rotation for chest:

1. Incline Barbell Presses
2. Seated Flat Hammer Strength Presses
3. Smith Machine Decline Press

or it might not be a bad idea to pick up some heavy dumbbells and rep away with them on the flat bench.

Of course, you will not be able to use statics, but you can control the negative reps once you hit failure.

You will be fine.

DS- DId you take a break and cruise for 2 weeks as DC suggested or have you gone 12 weeks straight through hard DC to the bone ?

I am in week 8 and gonna cruise for the next 2 weeks. DC had some good suggestions he gave me in the sticky.

I know that Louden and BigNate each took a week off for diff reasons and I believe they said that helped. I dont think DC wants a week out of gym, just with lighter weights, no RP, etc.

i took a week off at the 7 week mark. was burnt out! nagging little injuries were getting to me as well. it helped, though i have some new minor aches and pains now....im just getting old.

DS...take into account the migraine situation and your bodies reaction to your meds you took. give it another shot next round. if no progress....well, you know what to do...change it up!:D

I took a week off this week due to the fact that I was way to busy with work.

I did a pm workout on sat after a heavy night on fri and really feared the worst!!

I was amazed that I blasted past my previous bests for all lifts!! It seems that the week off really had no effect on my overall gains.

Top Bottom