Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

advice to pack more plates on my work out

Raulsant^

I see myself getting stacked at 200 lb on my bench and I feel like I'm not making any progress forward, any personal tips you can throw me to add more weight not only to my bench but work out in general? thanks.

1. You may try to add little weight by little. Make it be like 5 new pounds per week. Overall you will not notice a difference, and it won't make it much harder to train. But after a month you will already bench 220 lbs at least.

2. Deload a bit - if it has been a long time since you deloaded for the last time, your body may be exhausted, and it needs a good rest.

What I like to do is stick with the same weight and increase my repetitions. Once I get to a set number of reps, then I increase the weight and do the same thing all over again.

For example, let's say I can bench press 100 pounds for 6 reps. I will stick with 100 pounds until I can do 12 reps. Then I will increase the weight and keep with that weight until I can do 12 reps. And so on.

Don't forget the importance of your pre workout meal. If you are lagging then really plan out a good powerful meal. Try having 2-3 whole eggs, a half cup oatmeal, and cup of coffee before training. See if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom