Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on New Personal Trainer Tool

chriss285

Hello!

Would really appreciate any of your thoughts on a new product for personal trainers. It's a smart resistance band that can track workouts automatically and sync data to an app, so that people:
(1) Can see what rep/weight they're on in real-time
(2) Follow along to guided videos
(3) Track their progress over time without having to manually keep track of the info

It's kind of like Fitbit for strength trainers. It's my company's first product - our next one will be a "smart mat" that can automatically track pushups, situps, and more.

We wanted to market this product to consumers, but had some feedback that the personal trainer market would be better, with the benefit to trainers that you could:
(1) Create guided workouts yourself the user could follow-along in the app
(2) You could track what the person does at home to measure progress and keep them in-line

The product could also be repurposed so that you could attach it to any machines that have handle clips and track those activities too automatically.

So, I was just wondering if the above actually solves any pain points. Is this something that you feel you'd have your customers use? If so, where do you see the value? If not, why not?

Thanks!
Chris

PS: Hope this doesn't seem like spam (to that end, I purposefully didn't list my company name/website. I really am just looking for great insight to determine if I go down this route vs the consumer route first!)

Top Bottom