Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on my LEG regiment?????

THE_Gladiator

Squat warmup 135 - 20 reps
225 - 12 reps
265 - 10 reps
285 - 8 reps
295 - 6 reps
305 - 3 reps
315 - 1-2 reps

Hack squat 185 - 12 reps
225- 10 reps
235- 10 reps
245- 8 reps

Leg press 405 - 15 reps
425- 10 reps
435- 10 reps

I am 5'10 and weigh about 165 pounds and after doing this I feel like i'm gonna puke and I have before should I change my regiment or swap or change out and excerises like leg extensions or curls?

I wouldn't bother with the leg curl or extension. Maybe you should try dropping either the hacks or the presses.

Looks like you're doing a bit too much volume just for quads and not hitting hamstrings enough. Leg extensions and leg curls would be good to add too. They get a bad rap sometimes but only because many people use them as substitutes for heavy squats and straight-leg deadlifts which is not feasible if you're looking for any mass at all. They are useful but you have to know how to ue them within context. My leg routine looks something like this:

Squats 4 sets (including warmup)
Leg Press 2 sets
Leg Extension 3 sets

Straight-Leg Deadlifts 3 sets
Leg curls 3 sets

That's around 15 sets for quads and hams both which is plenty if you're going to failure and training hardcore. I'm also using a weight that allows me to reach concentric failure around 8 - 10 reps on the heavy compound stuff (squats, L.P., and SLDL) and usually around 10 - 12 on on the curls and extensions. Rep ranges for the lower body can be slightly higher than for upper body and still be mainly hypertrophic in stimulus due to different fiber consistency. Oh well, I'm getting off track now, LOL...

Good luck. :)

Top Bottom