Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice for Bench Press competition

Ty

Got a bench press competition tomorrow. First time ever doing it. How should i warm up without over doing it but also enough sufficient enough so i don't tear my pecs?

Lots of stretching. Do they let you wear a bench shirt during the competition?

hot wet towles wrapped around your chest do some stretches and light pushups.

Ever torn one before maxing at the gym?

what's your max?

I'd go easy on the heat - It can wear out your muscles (They'll feel good and warm, but they'll be weak). Try working up to the weight just as you would in a workout, but just not as many reps after the first set or two. You've got to get use to the weight as you go up (no big jumps). I know you're trying to squeeze out every extra pound, but your body should perform the same as it did in your last big workout, so just be confident in yourself. Remember you win those competitions in the months previous, now just go collect your medal! ;) Hope this helps. Be sure to tell us how you did. Oh, and GOOD LUCK!

stretch!
i hold 5-10lb weights off each hand while laying on the bench and let my arms extended out. relax your arms and let the weight stretch your chest. whats your max bench? is it going to be a traditional flat bench contest? do they consider 1 rep your max?

do one set of heavy bent rows and you will be able to bench more. It is asecret alot of guys use. USing the antagonist muscle to one muscle group primes the other one for maximum strength.

I hae also read thaqt excessive stretching before something like this will make your muscle less able to handle heavier weights.

Top Bottom