Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

adding weight to fast

muscledog95

Ive been adding weight on my squat to fast and now Im seeing the effects. Not going anywhere. So im gonna drop the weight back down to 245lb and do 5x5 and move up 5 pounds.

Adding weight too fast is indeed a common problem. I usually take about 15-20 minutes to load up a bar prior to each set. Those guys that like to grab a 5 and 10lb plate and put them on at the same time...yeah they're just asking for it.

Whatever this other whackjob is talking about is out there.

Recently, I finally started trying to add smaller weight (2%) when I reached my rep target........and you know my strength increases have doubled compared to before when I would just aimlessly add a 5 or 10 lb plate? Getting fractional plates was a great idea.

I got me some 0.5kg's (just over 1lb), great for adding to bi and tri isolation moves, or strapping to the DB for side laterals where you really don’t use much weight.

There is a stigma attached to using small plates but at the end of the day its the same percentage increase as 5lbs on your Bench, Squat or Deadlift...

Top Bottom