Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adding Deadlifts and Heavy bent over Barbell Rows. How much more will I grow now?

starskulker

I have always only been able to do Back exercises with light weights and having my back supported. I had hurt my L5 S1 in a skydiving accident 7 years ago. I work out very hard and very heavy. Well the other day I did my first back workout with heavy weights doing Deadlifts and Heavy barbell and dumbell bent over rows. My question is now that I can do these heavy power movements again, how much do you think they will help my overall body growth? I am already 225 at 14% BF at about 5'10". Will this really "Thicken" me up?

A LOT.. deadlifts are great for stimulation of hormones and are one of the best compound movements you can do.. heavy bent over rows are awesome for your lower back, too.. you should see some nice growth and thickness. good luck!

starskulker said:
I have always only been able to do Back exercises with light weights and having my back supported. I had hurt my L5 S1 in a skydiving accident 7 years ago. I work out very hard and very heavy. Well the other day I did my first back workout with heavy weights doing Deadlifts and Heavy barbell and dumbell bent over rows. My question is now that I can do these heavy power movements again, how much do you think they will help my overall body growth? I am already 225 at 14% BF at about 5'10". Will this really "Thicken" me up?

Yeah forget it. Nothing beats deadlifts for stimulating overall body growth. Especially your back, both lower and upper.

mikefear said:
A LOT.. deadlifts are great for stimulation of hormones and are one of the best compound movements you can do.. heavy bent over rows are awesome for your lower back, too.. you should see some nice growth and thickness. good luck!

I'm not as up on body-building I am sure as you dudes, but why would deadlifts be great for stimulating hormones?!

Ianhockey91 said:
Compount movements involving the legs (deads, squats) are believed to release more testosterone into the bloodstream.

interesting....I'll google it! Thanks for the info :)

that is all i do. DL, BB rows, shrugs, for back. and for effect, i can throw 300lbs. on the pulldowns and rep out, just like the posers do.... it'll fill in that hollow area so many guys have.

Yeah.. for pure mass, all you need is big heavy dl's, heavy bent over rows/cable rows, shrugs and some massive pulldowns/pullups.

don't forget T Bars. my back has really thickened up after i added t bars.
i do all the rest too though, pullups, deads, bb rows, t bars, lat pull down, seated cable rows, and dumbbell rows in a workout.

Heavy Deads.... I feel like I'm in the training forum.

Hell yes they will make you grow. All you need for growth is a barbell, some plates, and a dream...............machines are for girls, cables are for girls, and any setup that hold your body in place (i.e. Tbar) is for girls. Seriously.

Top Bottom