Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Adam Archuleta

Grandk

Anybody have insight into this guys wkout? I heard he can bench 500lbs in 1.09 seconds and squat 600lbs in 1.2 I am curious what his training regime looks like.

Those guys exaggerate their lifts. I saw the video of Larry Allen supposedly benching 600-ish a few years ago. He bounced that shit off his chest, arched his ass so far off the seat that I thought his wang might hit the drop ceiling, and the dude spotting him practically yanked the shit off him anyhow. Don't be too impressed by numbers, is what I'm saying. I could probably lower over 500 to my chest if I knew someone would be there to yank it off me. I wouldn't say "I benched 500" after that though. Not sure if it is the same with the dude you mentioned though.

Yep.

I have never seen him do it. It sounded impressive since he is only 220. Anyway, thanks for the quick response.

Atomic Punk said:
Those guys exaggerate their lifts. I saw the video of Larry Allen supposedly benching 600-ish a few years ago. He bounced that shit off his chest, arched his ass so far off the seat that I thought his wang might hit the drop ceiling, and the dude spotting him practically yanked the shit off him anyhow. Don't be too impressed by numbers, is what I'm saying. I could probably lower over 500 to my chest if I knew someone would be there to yank it off me. I wouldn't say "I benched 500" after that though. Not sure if it is the same with the dude you mentioned though.
It's not exaggerated in the least, the guy is a freak, his video is awesome.

He's benched 530 in 1.09 seconds, squatted 663 in 1.24 seconds, runs the 40 in 4.37 and has a 39" vertical at 211 pounds, before he started his program he benched 265 in 2.76 seconds, squaated 273 in 3.47 seconds and ran the 40 in 4.79 with a 26" vertical.

Re: Do you know of his trainig methods?

Grandk said:
I am curious what a normal day looks like to him.
7am: wakes up
7:02am: goes to pee
7:05am: hops in the shower

j/k couldnt resist

His typical chest workout involves 100-300 repetitions with weight varying between 225 and 275 pounds. He is given a set number to perform, and he must perform the concentric phase of each lift in less than a quarter of a second. If he doesn’t explode fast enough, the repetition does not count toward the prescribed goal for that day. For every 15 reps he completes, he has to do one to three supermaximal reps from 500 to 600 pounds on his own.

I'd love to see some specific info on his training. All I've ever heard is general shit like "he does glute ham raises" or "he does box squats." I heard it's kind of similar to wsb, since it's based a lot on the old Soviet stuff.

Re: Re: Do you know of his trainig methods?

MT375 said:

7am: wakes up
7:02am: goes to pee
7:05am: hops in the shower

j/k couldnt resist

His typical chest workout involves 100-300 repetitions with weight varying between 225 and 275 pounds. He is given a set number to perform, and he must perform the concentric phase of each lift in less than a quarter of a second. If he doesn’t explode fast enough, the repetition does not count toward the prescribed goal for that day. For every 15 reps he completes, he has to do one to three supermaximal reps from 500 to 600 pounds on his own.

I found that on an article on the internet. I was hoping for something more specific. He benches 500+ so he is basically using 1/2 his 1RM. 100-300 reps of speed bench? The article says he tosses the weight up and then brings his hands down to explode back up into the weight. Anyway, it is slowly coming together...

Re: Re: Re: Do you know of his trainig methods?

Grandk said:

I found that on an article on the internet. I was hoping for something more specific. He benches 500+ so he is basically using 1/2 his 1RM. 100-300 reps of speed bench? The article says he tosses the weight up and then brings his hands down to explode back up into the weight. Anyway, it is slowly coming together...
You won't find anything more than that, you'd have to get in contact with Jay at Evo-Sport. I think I have his business phone number saved somewhere if you are interested in it.

Top Bottom