Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

abs workout..

One of the thins that Sifu Bruce Lee stressed was that you should "Curl into your sit ups rather then having a straight back, and lower your body VERY slowely, he used to do sets of 20 sit ups, and he would do them soooo slowly that 100 reps was impossible, he also stressed that working a sit up over 30 degrees took the work off the stomach and onto the thighs. .... also when doing the leg lifts keep them between 1 = 9 inches off the cround .. i.e raise to 9, then bak to 1, never put the legs back on the ground. Bruce beleived that you should work from the bottom of your abs to the top. This is his abdominal workout which i follow religiously as a practicioner of JKD.

his daily abdominal workout included:

Waist twists - four sets of 90 repetitions.

Sit-up twists - four sets of 20 repetitions.

Leg raises - four sets of 20 repetitions.

Leaning twists - four sets of 50 repetitions.

Frog kicks - four sets of 50 repetitions.

Suspended leg raise - four sets of 20 repetitions.

vstrength.gif

hope this is of some help.
Lee further developed this routine, adding additional sets of sit-ups, side bends, leg raises, "flags," twists and back bends to his abdominal workout regimen. The "flag" exercise was a particularly difficult drill Lee devised for working the abdominal. While lying on a bench, he would grasp attached uprights with both hands and raise himself, supported only by his shoulders. Then, with his knees locked straight and his lower back raised off the bench, he would perform leg raises.

------------------
"i said empty your mind. B formless shapless like water. U put water in a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water in a bottle it becomes the bottle. Now water can flow or it can crash ... b water my freind" - Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee was elite, he most likely achieved excellent abdominal development DESPITE his training - like with many elite today.

Listen to Cackerot. If you have very untrained abs, then you are seriously missing out on crucial core strength. If you think 100 situps a day is training hard, then go ahead and work out all day. Abdominals are not a special muscle that needs to be trained drastically different from other muscles. They should be trained short, and intense with low volume.

Since males accumulate a large proportion of body fat around the midsection, dieting is the ONLY way you will see the abs. Generally for males this is ~10%bf and lower.

There are plenty of resources available for ab routines. Use the search here or another search engine.

Yea Yea... but if you don't work your abs at all, what will there be to see when you lose that weight?

I'm assuming that anyone who is working out intensely will burn enough fat to see their abs after a few months anyway.

Originally posted by JeetKuneDo:
One of the thins that Sifu Bruce Lee stressed was that you should "Curl into your sit ups rather then having a straight back, and lower your body VERY slowely, he used to do sets of 20 sit ups, and he would do them soooo slowly that 100 reps was impossible, he also stressed that working a sit up over 30 degrees took the work off the stomach and onto the thighs. ....

*** Bruce lee was correct when he sated that over 30 degrees trunk flexion is when the rectus femoris and ilosoas come into play.
The swiss ball puts your abs through a full ROM compared to the normal floor crunches you see most people do.
The abs function through 40 degrees extension and 30 degrees trunk flexion.
Doing them on the floor is like only doing half a bicep curl.

Top Bottom