Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs More Frequently: Good Idea?

Legion Kreinak

Wondering if you guys think training abs more frequently is a good thing. I mean I see most of the split routines on here train abs once or twice a week. Since they're a harder muscle to target to wear down and all, wouldn't it be better doing abs like, four/five times a week? I don't see how it's overtraining if they're not all that sore.

Depends on if you're doing them weighted or not.

I used to do 300 situps a day, and when I switched to weighted situps, I had to take a week off. I was so incredibly sore, that if I arched my back, I'd almost collapse from the pain.

I'm done with those for a while, going to give Needsize's "declining ab hold" and Raoul's "front pulley pulldown" a shot in a few months.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158146

That's one to bookmark.

300 Situps is a lil' much. I do 100 crunches daily now, going up for 2, holding for a second, then lowering for 3-4. Really puts tension on the abs. Though, I need some good oblique exercises. I don't like twisting situps, they piss me off, and don't seem like they do anything. Anyone hear anything good about Dumbbell Side Bends?

It stands to reason that any exercise which you can complete for a hundred reps isn't very effective. That would be like doing curls with 5 pounds for 100 reps.

The abs, like any other muscle, must be worked hard enough so that they're sore the following day. Adding more worthless workouts isn't the answer.

Weighted sit-ups are better but if I do say so myself, the move I illustrate in my book is by far the most effective ab exercise around.

I often train my abs nearly daily...withouth extreme intensity and with a different exercise daily...

B True

every 2nd day. situps 16,14,12 repeat x3. 1m 15s between sets

I realize I haven't worked them as much as I could have. Now I do 5 sets of 77 holding for 4 secs each, going extremely slow, and with 20 lb dumbbells for added weight, resting on my chest, with hands just supporting so they stay on... Oh yeah

I dont train mine much at all, once a week at the most...about 15 mins mild intensity. When I start getting self consious about it I do sort of like b fold. I start doing about 20-25 mins of abs every other day using different movements each time. But I only do that for about a week then I start doing them every 3rd or 4th day otherwise I would overtrain.

Top Bottom