Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs and calves, what gives?

Benzi

Alright, correct me if i'm wrong but muscles grow better during high intensity workouts than high volume workouts. Even after your high intensity workout, one must eat right and rest right for days (no as) in order to get the best results.
This being said why are abs and calves treated differently. Is it becaue they have primarily red as opposed tp white fibers? I just don't see why these muscles should be worked daily or every other day.
Any input?

calfs and abs recover faster then most other muscles i feel,for me i cant make proper gains in calfs without training them twice weekly,as for abs well i dont work abs often,maybe once a week,i find it useless

What is the reason for these muscles recovering faster? If there is a good reason, which other muscles respond like that?

I'm not sure why that is but I do know that it takes about two days for any other uscle to recover accept abs and calves, those two muscle groups only take 24 hours. I'd guess it's because of some kind of adaptation. I say that because wether you realize it or not, you use those two muscle groups for every thing. Walking sitting up, standing, running....you name it!!!

bigmag said:
I'm not sure why that is but I do know that it takes about two days for any other uscle to recover accept abs and calves, those two muscle groups only take 24 hours. I'd guess it's because of some kind of adaptation. I say that because wether you realize it or not, you use those two muscle groups for every thing. Walking sitting up, standing, running....you name it!!!
Bro, it takes a lot more that 48 hours for the muscels to heal. It's recommended no to workout more than once a week on a particular muscle group.

it makes sense, seeing as your calves are getting used all the time theyd be pretty familiar with being worked. ie it takes a lot to make em grow.

i remember reading somewhere that this has to do with the way these muscles are oxygenated (they recover faster can be worked more often) probably has something to do with the fact that they are the most used in day to day life, so they adapted to that stimuli.

i'll have to look into this further though...

Top Bottom