Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs, arms, and inner thighs

BriannaLynn

I live in a very small town without a gym. My only real problem areas are my inner thighs, my upper arms*on the inside*, my abs and my sides. Anyone have any at home exercises I could do to fix my problems? Thanks!

~Bri~:angel:

Go running. Do some crunches 3x a week. Curl some soup cans. And go running again. Then pop in "Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies." You'll tone up in no time.

Funny you said your only problem areas are your legs, arms, and stomach. Wish I could say, "Yeah, I'm pretty ripped, except for my legs, arms, and abs."

DaveNY :fro:

DaveNY said:

Funny you said your only problem areas are your legs, arms, and stomach. Wish I could say, "Yeah, I'm pretty ripped, except for my legs, arms, and abs."

DaveNY :fro:

LOL! Hey, I didn't think about it until I read that, but legs, arms and abs really do comprise you're whole body don't they? I'm in the same boat, too, though. I have no problems except my whole body is too small and too fat, if you ask me.

As for the question at hand. Maybe you should find a gym in a neighboring town and go there. There's no substitute for a good gym and the workout that you can get there. If it takes you half an hour to get there, then so be it. Atleast you'll stay and finish your workout if it takes a while to get there.

You don't need a gym!
Just some dumbells or, as stated above, soup cans.
Do 30-60minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week.
Do a full body resistance training routine 2 to 3 times a week. (legs-to-back-to-chest-to-shoulders-to-arms-to-abs)
And most importantly-START EATING BETTER!:rolleyes:

Tombstonealley said:
You don't need a gym!
Just some dumbells or, as stated above, soup cans.
Do 30-60minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week.
Do a full body resistance training routine 2 to 3 times a week. (legs-to-back-to-chest-to-shoulders-to-arms-to-abs)
And most importantly-START EATING BETTER!:rolleyes:

That's bullshit! Fine, she could use dumbbells. No argument here. However, they would need to go up to atleast 50 lbs and, let's face it, that would cost a shitload of money. As for the soup cans, what the fuck good would that do? I don't care if you're the weakest person in the world, a goddamn three year old can curl a soup can. What about the ol' legs, hmmm? Yeah, those 12 ounces of resistance will really build some decent quads. The cardio advice and the eating better part are both good suggestions. But, the most cost efficient and effective method is still to go to the gym. Why don't you just tell her to buy some of the pink plastic dumbbells and use those because, as we all know, those girls in the aerobics classes using the pink dumbbells have such great bodies. If you like soft, flabby chicks with no muscle tone, that is.

If she is a bodybuilder I would agree with you, but if she is just looking to tone up you are so fucking wrong. i train women all day and most never even get near a 50lbs dumbell and the ones who do look like guys. Most women never have to go over 20 to 25lb dumbells and if she is asking a question like this I would guess she would not have to go over 15lbs. I thirteen yrs of experience and about two hundred toned and beautiful women who either I or my company have trained all of whom would tell you-you are full of shit!

Train everything- not just the trouble areas-but for question:
get some dumbbells- nothing blue or pink- get REAL weights!
overhead trcep ext, tricep kickbacks, curls, plie squats for inner thighs
dips between 2 chairs for tri's
as for the soup cans, get the huge can of pork & beans sold at Costco- of course, do not EAT the pork & beans after lifting.
Flex on!

Tombstonealley said:
If she is a bodybuilder I would agree with you, but if she is just looking to tone up you are so fucking wrong. i train women all day and most never even get near a 50lbs dumbell and the ones who do look like guys. Most women never have to go over 20 to 25lb dumbells and if she is asking a question like this I would guess she would not have to go over 15lbs. I thirteen yrs of experience and about two hundred toned and beautiful women who either I or my company have trained all of whom would tell you-you are full of shit!

I still have to disagree. Maybe 50 might be a little high, but I would ahve to say atleast 40. Legs are strong muscles. i don't see how doing lunges with 30lbs total weight is going to do shit in terms of muscular development. And, whether she wants to acknowledge it or not, the only way to tone a muscle is to make a bigger muscle, thus one must strive for hypertrophy and the key to hypertrophy is heavy weights. Sure, she probably doesn't want to look like Kim Chizevsky so she shouldn't be squating with 225, but legs need a little more than soup cans to be worked properly.

And as for heavy weight making women look like men, that's bunk, too. There is a girl in my gym who I would imagine is what most women say they want to look like when they say that they want to "tone." She's got killer abs and just enough muscle to where you can see it, but it popping out all over the place. I can see her quads, but they're not gigantic and shredded. When she does the sled do you know hwo much weight she uses? At least 4 plates. That's 180 pounds, not counting the weight of the sled. And when she squats she uses 95 pounds or more. Thus, heavier weights than 15 are necessary.

Grizzly,
I am sure you know the skinny guy who can bench 315lbs when he looks like he can only do 150lbs. The girl you are describing is the female equivalent.
I agree that some women can get pretty strong and still look beautiful-but the key is most don't have to and many (maybe most) don't want to. I had one girl who used to do fitness competitions and she could do rock bottom squats with 225 for 10 to 15 reps. She looked outstanding-but most of my woman would not need to do that to look the way they want to. Additionally very few would want to do it. On a third point, as the amount of weight you lift increases so does the incidence of injury.

Last edited:
Top Bottom