Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Abs Abs Abs

GhostMan

I've been seeing alot of people ask about how to get abs. Well I took the time to type this so here goes:

THE MUSCLES OF THE ABDOMEN

The rectus abdominis is a long muscle extending along the length of the ventral aspect of the abdomen. It originates in the area of the pubis and inserts into the cartilages of the fifth, sixth, and seventh ribs.

BASIC FUNITION: To flex the spinal column and to draw the sternum toward the pelvis.

The external obliques are they muscles at each side of the torso attached to the lower eight ribs and inserting at the side of the pelvis.

BASIC FUNTION: To flex and rotate the spinal column

The intercostals are two thin planes of muscular and tendon fibers occupying the spaces between the ribs.

BASIC FUCTION: To left the ribs and draw them together

AB-SPECIFIC EXERCISES

When the abdominal muscles contract, a very simple thing happens: They pull the rib cage and the levis toward each other in a short “crunching” motion.

ABDOMINAL EXERCISES

ROMAN CHAIRS: Emphasizes upper abs.
CRUNCHES: Emphasizes upper abs.
TWISTING CRUNCHES: For upper abs and obliques.
REVERSE CRUNCHES: Emphasizes lower abs.
HANGING REVERSE CRUNCHES: Emphasizes lower abs.
VERTICLAL BENCH CRUNCHES: Lower abs.
CABLE CRUNCHES: Upper and Lower abs.
MACHINE CRUNCHES: Upper and Lower abs.
SEATED LEG TUCKS: Upper and Lower abs.
SEATED TWISTS: To tighten the obliques.
BENT-OVER TWISTS: To tighten the obliques .
FLAT BECNH LEG RAISES: Lower abs.
BENT-KNEE FLAT BENCH LEG RAISES: Lower abs.
HANGING LEG RAISES: Lower abs.
BENT-KNEE VERTICAL BENCH LEG RAISES: Lower abs.
TWISTING HAGNING LEG RAISES: For the oblique and detail at the side of the torso.

RECOMMENDATION

I recommend training abs in every workout. For people starting to work their abs, I would recommend beginning to alternate between 5 sets of Crunches and 5 sets of Reverse Crunches. Holding in your stomach and tensing your abs as you go about your day is also a good way of firming and strengthening them and making yourself more conscious of how to control this important area of the body. You should begin to notice right away whether your abs are likely to be a weak point in your physique so that you can take appropriate action when you move to advance ab training.

Once you begin to develop you abdominals, you can being to train each of the particular areas that contribute to a firm and well-defined waist. This involves doing more sets and wider variety of exercises like Twisting Crunches, Leg Tucks, and different kinds of Reverse Crunches, as well as Twists.

IF YOU HAVE NO ABS

Be aware that the lack of visual development of the abs is frequently cause by one of the two things:

• Not enough dieting, so there is a layer of fat over the abs
  • Not enough isolation, full-range-of-motion, quality, training

The best abdominal training involves slow, controlled, full-range-of-motion exercises, and holding at the point of full contraction to achieve a full peak contraction.

Man, I hope this helps someone out. I can’t believe I took the time to type all that out. Anyways, if you would like to know a description of an exercise I listed above, let me know and I will type it out for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
DEEZEL said:
what's a reverse crunch and how do u do it?

I beleive its when you crunch your legs to your chest instead of your head toward your legs. Great post karma to you. I know alot of people who have no clue on training abs.

Great post, thanks Ghostman :D

I'm pretty fortunate in that my ab muscles have always shown through the surrounding skin (I guess it's one of the few good things about ectomorph genetics - naturally low bf).

I don't really train my ab's specifically but have found that ever since I first started working out, my 6 pack has become much more defined and the muscles have definitely hardened / grown.

It seems that when exercising any major muscle group your ab's are gonna get a decent secondary workout, and if you remember to hold your stomach in when performing all other exercises it works wonders.

I'm surprised we have not heard from the "abs are one muscle" crowd. Anyone wanna jump on this?

Top Bottom