Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

abs 7 days a week?

Edson Jion

Is it ok to do abs 7 days a week guys? Or muscles on abs need to recover like arm muscles and leg muscles, I do 100 sit ups a day.

bump. ive been following mma training advise recently and for the 1st time doing some form of core ED. im exhausted. have more endurance but i think my ab strength is lower although overall core higher. abs definitely smaller and less defined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abs are one of the muscles that can be worked daily.

you cannot work shoulders everyday for the simple fact you would actually tear up your rotator cuff, same with other exercises that involve joints like the knees and elbows

you do 100 sit ups a day and i think that is amazing dedication, don't no one ever tell you to stop doing that

Abs are a muscle group just like every other muscle group and should not be trained everyday. Not only is it counterproductive, it's unnecessary.

Abs are made in the kitchen...not the gym. The goal of ab training is to simply sculpt and tone the midsection. Doing 100 sit ups a day won't give you a six pack.

It's best to train abs with short high rep workouts every other day or 3 days per week. This is the template I recommend for ab training:
super set 1 : 3-4 sets of lower ab exercise x 20 reps super set with upper ab exercise x 20 reps
super set 2: 3-4 sets of lower ab exercise x 20 reps super set with upper ab exercise x 20 reps
3-4 sets of an oblique exercise like decline bench romanian twists - 20 reps per side
1 set to failure of a functional ab exercise like plank or ab roller

everybody talks high reps. but the best strongest (not ripped but big ) abs i ever had is when i worked them on a strength cycle period - 6-8 rep failure. heavy weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can train abs more often than other muscles but the key is to listen to your body. Work them a bunch of days in a row but when you feel you need that day off, take it. Your body will need to recover and catch up sometimes.

Top Bottom