Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ab exercise...

Deciever

A few of my friends came up with an idea for an ab/ lower back exercise... i did it today and it felt really good.. just want someof your opinions on it.

Here's how it goes....

Assume a lotus position (yogo position, kinda like a pushup but with your forearms resting on the ground). Place a weight on top of your back and kinda round your abck to get it to fit in with the plate, and then hold.

I did these for a minute today with a 45 lb plate and i was shaking like crazy while doin it. I think it will help a lot with my squat and deadlift and core strength, because it puts your abs in a state of static contraction, which is basically the same state that they are in during a squat and deadlift.

Any opinions on this?

Sounds interesting. If you feel the movement working and get some soreness then I say go for it. It could be the next, new exercise for building core strength.

i hope it works.. seems like a good exercises.. you dont need pulleys or anything. I'll be giving it a try about 3-4 x a week to see how it goes

Dude, I tried it....and it seems to have some merit. I'll definitely try and incorporate it sometime.

I shall have to give it a name tho. The deciever push-up??

-Zulu

Or how about Deceiver's Doggy Style Plate Contractions?

Seriously, I would guess that it would be even more befeficial with as much weight as possible in order to simulate the stress on your abs that a squat or lift will cause. Will give it a try...

Cant say that its my idea, some of my friends came up with it..

LOL @ bigarnies name for it.

Yeah just load as much weight as you can onto yourself, and hold for like 30-60 seconds.. we will all develop super strong abs this way.

Top Bottom