Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

90 days from honeymoon...help me break my plateau

Okay, someone check my math here:
TDEE calculators put my daily caloric maintenance intake at 2,500cals/day.
With 79 days to go, that's 197,000cals for maintenance.
I'm targeting 160lbs, which would put me a 16lbs drop as of this morning. At 3,500cals/lb, I need a deficit of 56,000cals over that stretch, putting me at 141,000cals, or 1,784cals/day. I could get this to 1,600cals/day pretty easy and it would be a good target knowing I had a bit of wiggle room if something didn't fit perfectly.

If this is the way to go, what's the recommended macros for this cut? 60/20/20? 60/30/10? (P/F/C)

Then let's adjust my macros. Maintenance is about 2400-2600 depending on the calculator I use. I've been doing a pretty extreme calorie deficit at 1600cals. 1.5xbody weight for protein (264g), which puts me at about 1050 of those cals from protein. And macros play out to be around 60P/35F/15C.

Do you suggest I make changes?

this is your problem

you are counting calories and tracking macros

this isn't the way you lose weight man. thats why 99% of people who do weight watchers fail miserably. it doesn't work. i can list you off 100 reasons why it doesn't work but there are millions of people in your shoes too

yes calories in/out is true but the problem with that is when you eat in a caloric defict you also burn less calories too. so simply eating in a deficit and counting macros is a woefully poor way to achieve success with fat loss as you obviously know from your own experience.

this is why you see guys like The ROCK who eat 6000 calories a day which according to the calculators would be about 3000 calories too much, yet he magically stays lean year round

but fat obese people eat very little and eat in deficits but stay fat and cannot lose weight

i can def work with you 1 on 1 off the forum if you want to stop spinning your wheels and help you cut fat now and permanently. and the first thing i will tell you straight up is delete those stupid app calculators that i see people using. they do more harm than good. "oh i am 500 calories in a deficit, let me eat a slice of pizza since I will finish the day in a deficit" that is what the reality is. drop me a PM if you are serious and want to do this the way that actually works. my fees are very fair and i've helped thousands over the years

*Progress Report 8/10*

Locked in meal plan right around 3 weeks ago based on the following:

79(days) @ 2500cals/day maintenance = 197,500cals
3500cals/lb @ 17lbs desired fat loss = 59,500cals
197,500 - 59,500 = 138,000/79 = 1746cals/day

177lbs (starting weight) * 1.5g(P)/lb = 265.5g protein/day.

Based on this, macro breakdown is roughly:
60%(P)/20%(F)/20%(C)
265g(P)
40g(F)
89g(C)

Diet on 18/6 fast (this hits macros almost perfectly):

2pm
2 boiled eggs
6oz hamburger patty (93/7F)
ON whey shake (2 scoops)

6pm
4oz chicken breast grilled/broiled
ON whey shake (2 scoops)

8pm
8oz strip steak
1 cup broc
1 cup califlower

Before bed
ON whey shake (2 scoops)

I'm closing out week 3 on this diet with only one cheat meal in that span (had a large pizza and two protein shakes last Saturday). Other than this I have not cheated once. No sugar, no sauces, no alcohol. Laser focused.

Weight is down to 172.5lbs as of this morning. So good progress, but hoping to hit 171lbs by end of week so I'm staying on a roughly 2lb loss/week track, but nothing to stress about if it's not exact.

Routine as of now:
Every morning (fasted) 3 x 100 on jump rope
Every day (unfasted evenings) 5 miles cardio

Day 1/3
Incline bench 3x15x95
Deadlift 3x15x95
Leg press 3x15x225
Bar curl 3x15x50
Incline crunch set

Day 2/4
Row 3x15x95
Lunges 3x20x15
Triceps 3x15x50
Shoulder press 3x15x15 (Don't laugh. Bad shoulder from wrestling. 15lbs hurts like fk. Probs need surgery.)
Hanging leg lift

HIIT has been sprinkled in on lifting days (I recognize I need to do more here).

I feel like I'm on a good track, but certainly looking for feedback if anyone wants to recommend changes. Working hard and trying to stay encouraged/focused!

If your shoulder is aggravating you, stop doing any lifts above the shoulder. Move to a flat or decline bench from the incline. change overhead press to front delt raises, side lateral delt raises, and rear delt flys as these three will pound all three heads of the delts where as overhead mainly targets the front head.

Also need to start a PT routine for that shoulder and document it. Take the documentation with you to the doctor and that will let you bypass some steps. Another option might be getting a Cortisone shot if you only have a small tear or some minor impingement going on.

If your shoulder is aggravating you, stop doing any lifts above the shoulder. Move to a flat or decline bench from the incline. change overhead press to front delt raises, side lateral delt raises, and rear delt flys as these three will pound all three heads of the delts where as overhead mainly targets the front head.

Also need to start a PT routine for that shoulder and document it. Take the documentation with you to the doctor and that will let you bypass some steps. Another option might be getting a Cortisone shot if you only have a small tear or some minor impingement going on.

Appreciate the recs on the alternate movements bud. I actually have an MRI scheduled for later this month. I've done cortisone about once every 3 years for about a decade. Ortho recommended MRI this time and said it may be time to get it scopped. We'll see...

*Progress Report 8/10*

Locked in meal plan right around 3 weeks ago based on the following:

79(days) @ 2500cals/day maintenance = 197,500cals
3500cals/lb @ 17lbs desired fat loss = 59,500cals
197,500 - 59,500 = 138,000/79 = 1746cals/day

177lbs (starting weight) * 1.5g(P)/lb = 265.5g protein/day.

Based on this, macro breakdown is roughly:
60%(P)/20%(F)/20%(C)
265g(P)
40g(F)
89g(C)

Diet on 18/6 fast (this hits macros almost perfectly):

2pm
2 boiled eggs
6oz hamburger patty (93/7F)
ON whey shake (2 scoops)

6pm
4oz chicken breast grilled/broiled
ON whey shake (2 scoops)

8pm
8oz strip steak
1 cup broc
1 cup califlower

Before bed
ON whey shake (2 scoops)

I'm closing out week 3 on this diet with only one cheat meal in that span (had a large pizza and two protein shakes last Saturday). Other than this I have not cheated once. No sugar, no sauces, no alcohol. Laser focused.

Weight is down to 172.5lbs as of this morning. So good progress, but hoping to hit 171lbs by end of week so I'm staying on a roughly 2lb loss/week track, but nothing to stress about if it's not exact.

Routine as of now:
Every morning (fasted) 3 x 100 on jump rope
Every day (unfasted evenings) 5 miles cardio

Day 1/3
Incline bench 3x15x95
Deadlift 3x15x95
Leg press 3x15x225
Bar curl 3x15x50
Incline crunch set

Day 2/4
Row 3x15x95
Lunges 3x20x15
Triceps 3x15x50
Shoulder press 3x15x15 (Don't laugh. Bad shoulder from wrestling. 15lbs hurts like fk. Probs need surgery.)
Hanging leg lift

HIIT has been sprinkled in on lifting days (I recognize I need to do more here).

I feel like I'm on a good track, but certainly looking for feedback if anyone wants to recommend changes. Working hard and trying to stay encouraged/focused!

i like this overall but im thinking your diet doesnt have enough healthy fats
how much fats you adding? i dont see nuts in there no flaxseed no fish oil etc

keep going and keep updating us more
you add a fat burner in there? I would add 3 caps cardazol fasted cardio

diet is pretty dialed in but add cardazol 3 caps pre am cardio
and you eating nuts or oils of some sort?

Top Bottom