Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is 800lbs on leg press alot?

Some good points have been made here. In all honesty the leg press if a great movement for building up quads, hams and glutes, however if you utilize it it should not be your only compound movement. I primariy use hack squats now, but historically I did squats first and once my stabilizer muslces were become fatigued, I would then proceed to do very heavy leg presses in order to further tax my thighs since they stilled to have more stamina than my spinal erectors and other stabilier muscles. It is also an excelletn movement to do if you wish to train legs after doign deadlifts. It is rather taxing to attempt to do heavy squats after doing deadlifts. So, leg presses are an excellent alternative.

Damn. I can't give BBF karma without spreading it around first :/ (Looking a lot bigger, man, and lean to boot! :) .)

More to the topic: leg press weight's wholly dependent on form. I'm so far from a Kaz or a B Fold it's not funny :) However, I do my 1,000 lbs. leg presses knees-to-elbows with slow negatives and a slight pause at the bottom of each rep. I know for a fact that's much harder than shitty, jerky half-reps with 40% more weight.

Then again, I don't really give a damn what other people are lifting. I'm in there to beat MY logbook's ass, not some other schmoe's. Lifting more weight than other people doesn't make me grow; lifting more weight than *I* did last time, however, DOES.

guldukat said:
Damn. I can't give BBF karma without spreading it around first :/ (Looking a lot bigger, man, and lean to boot! :) .)

More to the topic: leg press weight's wholly dependent on form. I'm so far from a Kaz or a B Fold it's not funny :) However, I do my 1,000 lbs. leg presses knees-to-elbows with slow negatives and a slight pause at the bottom of each rep. I know for a fact that's much harder than shitty, jerky half-reps with 40% more weight.

Then again, I don't really give a damn what other people are lifting. I'm in there to beat MY logbook's ass, not some other schmoe's. Lifting more weight than other people doesn't make me grow; lifting more weight than *I* did last time, however, DOES.

werd!!

BodyByFinaplix said:
guld, thanks bro. Half the peeps say I look great, and other half, the guys with 14" arms, are screaming synthol. LoL
that was a joke to compliment you...

i guess you misunderstood ;)

Another thing that people forget about when talking about leg press is feet position. I can push more weight with my feet toward the top and shoulder width or more, than I can with my feet lower and together. I personally don't care for it. My gym has a plate loaded squat press that I use over the leg press.

My last leg workout went like this.

squats
hack squats
squat press
SLDL's
kneeling leg curls

guldukat said:

Exactly they way it should be done

There really is no answer for this one. It depends on form, the lifter, and the number of reps. It's funny though b/c at my gym we got a lot of hardcore jacked guys. Tons of guys with huge quads. I RARELY see anyone doing over 10+ plates per side, yet it seems like everyone on this board can do 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 plates per side lol.

Top Bottom