Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is 800lbs on leg press alot?

Tweakle said:
800lbs (assuming full ROM with controlled reps) is fine, in fact that's what I did for 7 yesterday but the leg press is a 100% USDA prime bullshit exercise and I would never do it if my back wasn't blow out. Like suston says I'd have more respect for someone squatting 135 deep

like i said, im working back up to squats again. i hope when you fist started hitting legs you didnt go and jump on the first squat rack you saw.

ACtually the first excercies I was ever taught was how to squat, it took me years to really understand the benefits and the proper coordination for the movement, I know that putting a lot of weight on the leg press is appealing to many, but it really doesn't help in power competitions

the leg press, realistically does jack for your squat. you cant stand up without your erectors and glutes, and a leg press keeps your hips bent (no glute) and your back planted. you'd be better off with a hack squat (some glute) or <gulp> smith machine.

shortstack said:
bignate73 said:
the leg press, realistically does jack for your squat.

omg.... im not even going to start....

Ohh...feel free. I'm getting a little chuckle already just thinking about what you will say.

B True

MsBeverlyHills said:
an 800 leg press is frickin amazing if you have a 150lb squat :)

:)

A woman after my own heart....

B True

shortstack said:
like i said, im working back up to squats again. i hope when you fist started hitting legs you didnt go and jump on the first squat rack you saw.

When I took a break a couple years ago from lifting, I actually did go straight to the squat rack on the first leg day. Matter of fact, I teach all my clients how to squat correctly with no weight or only the bar. We don't move up in weight until they have the flexibility to perform the squat through a full range of motion without buckling their lower back. The problem with most ppl is they don't have the flexibiliy to get to parallel with their hips tilting forward when at the lowest part of the squat. We work on these things first. Believe it or not, it's a leg workout in itself squating for flexibility!

my hips, lower back & knees all still hurt (in a bad way) a few days after leg pressing, so I probably wont be able to squat this week.

It's not a safe exercise... the ego building leverage puts too much pressure on the joints imo. Move to squats & front squats now rather than later

GOHVYORGOHME said:
When I took a break a couple years ago from lifting, I actually did go straight to the squat rack on the first leg day. Matter of fact, I teach all my clients how to squat correctly with no weight or only the bar. We don't move up in weight until they have the flexibility to perform the squat through a full range of motion without buckling their lower back. The problem with most ppl is they don't have the flexibiliy to get to parallel with their hips tilting forward when at the lowest part of the squat. We work on these things first. Believe it or not, it's a leg workout in itself squating for flexibility!

Great points..folks should understand its not about being able to squat 315 in 2 months then going down b/c of an injury..

shortstack said:
lol sink your knees into your armpits.
thanks for the advice punch, your post is real imformative, could you give me some more tips please. i mean i could really see how a tempo of 1 - 7 could fuck you up. you must be fucking swole
was this a joke, i hope it was...

i go as far as my body lets me and before pushign back up again

Top Bottom