Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is 800lbs on leg press alot?

kansasfarmman said:
The problem is that you are preoccuppied with weight. Who cares about 800lbs? Find weights that make your quads grow.

To a newbie 800lbs on the sled is a lot. . to an IFBB pro its a warmup.

Whether or not 800lbs is a lot is a matter of personal perception. There is no right or wrong answer.

i am in no-way preocuppied with weight. its was a quick thought that turned into a post that was hyjacked by fruit cakes. stop replying to me like im a fking newB. i dont train legs because natrually i have ok legs, that doesnt make me a newb.

GOHVYORGOHME said:
Are you always this defensive or are you just touchy today? :p

Take that shit in the ring!!

49062hulkchamp.jpg

I all honesty 800lbs is a nice amount of weight and depending on size of the lifter it will be pretty bad-ass. I really think the best way to approach weight is look at it in a objective viewpoint, how was the form, how much did the person weigh, and are they progressing. I am really impressed by lifting who are humble enough to put on 135lbs on the squat go to parallel depth or slightly further and get solid reps and add only 2.5-5lbs a week. But that is my mind set.

Lord_Suston said:
I all honesty 800lbs is a nice amount of weight and depending on size of the lifter it will be pretty bad-ass. I really think the best way to approach weight is look at it in a objective viewpoint, how was the form, how much did the person weigh, and are they progressing. I am really impressed by lifting who are humble enough to put on 135lbs on the squat go to parallel depth or slightly further and get solid reps and add only 2.5-5lbs a week. But that is my mind set.

Bro that is so true..Personally i laugh (to myslef) when i see someone pile weight on and using horrible form for 2 bs reps!! Yet the other day i saw an older gentleman doing squats with great form and 135 on the bar..do i think hes a pussy NOPE i have more respect for him for doing things properly..leave the ego at the door, your muscle will thank you later!!

800lbs, i weigh 165, and i can promise you, that you will not find imperfections in my form at ALL. this is why i was 105lbs 3 years ago. just started first cycle of var, not even a week ago.

Get weight out of your head man.... Take an 800lb leg press and slow the pos/neg to 6-7 sec up and down... My guess is half the guys that say they could leg press 1200-1500lb couldnt get through 8 reps.

Sink your knees into your armpits, nice and deep. Form is key. Weight is secondary. PEACE

lol sink your knees into your armpits.
thanks for the advice punch, your post is real imformative, could you give me some more tips please. i mean i could really see how a tempo of 1 - 7 could fuck you up. you must be fucking swole

800lbs (assuming full ROM with controlled reps) is fine, in fact that's what I did for 7 yesterday but the leg press is a 100% USDA prime bullshit exercise and I would never do it if my back wasn't blow out. Like suston says I'd have more respect for someone squatting 135 deep

Top Bottom